168gr MatchKings on deer?

hello wolverine,I've shot four deer with the 168grners. this year,two where shoulder shots.One was at 112yds I think, and the other was at 402yds.The 112yd shot went in behind the on shoulder and exited the off shoulder.It had a 4.5 to 5 inch exit hole.At 402yds the deer was slightly facing me,shot went just in front of the on shoulder and out the shoulder,same thing 5inch hole.This was with 300ultra mag. at 3,400 fps.I dont know about anyone else's experience,but personely I was pleased.
grin.gif

I'm going to thank you also. I've always been curious about using sierra match bullets for hunting big game. I've shot a couple of coyotes with them and they made quite a mess with a 30-06. I really wasn't quite sure how they were designed to work. Other than the obvious. I mean, I wasn't quite sure if they were designed to expand or collapse upon impact. I just never knew, and never thought to ask. Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 23 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.