168g vld's at 800 yards

remingtonman_25_06

168g vld\'s at 800 yards

I tried hitting some 3 liter pop bottles last night at 800 yards with my 7 mag 168g vlds. I only shot 3 times, but missed every time. I could never tell where I was missing to compensate. The grass was to tall, and theres to much debree to actually tell where the bullet lands. I did find 2 of the bullets though and I thought they did pretty good expansion and weight retention wise. I took pics, but my camera is at home. 1 bullet weighed 76g and was nicely mushroomed. The other bullet weighed 160g and was mushroomed, but not as uniform. They were impacting sand at about 1800fps or so I believe. I think they'll do alright for anything I want to shoot. I did hit a milk jug at 400 yards and my dad was watching through his scope. He said he never saw a jug vaporize so fast. He said that 168g just tore that jug up. I really wanna blast a yote with that bullet, turn him inside out. I am going bear hunting monday, so will be taking it as well. My deer season starts in month and a half, hopefully I"ll get a 400-600 yard shot and see how these target bullets work on game.

Re: 168g vld\'s at 800 yards

24zhh0w.jpg

24zhk5v.jpg

24zhmr8.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.