160yd Red Fox Tikka T3 222Rem.

robbobsam

Was out with a friend lampng a few night ago and came across a family of foxes, there appeared to be a mother with 2 or maybe 3 cubs, we were about to knock a few of them off when the lightforce started to play up so we missed our chance. Last night though with a repaired lamp I was out again, I had taken the time to spread some whiskers catfood over all the fence posts near the den and laid a trail of cat food to the other side of the field away from the public canal towpath, I was out of the house just as it was getting dark.

I had covered most of the farm and hadn't seen a single rabbit and due to the totally still windless night I wasn't getting my hopes raised too high. I panned the light over the field were they had been a few nights previously and there wasn't anything to be seen so I walked the perimeter anyway, then just as I left that field I panned the adjoining field and caught sight of a beaming set of eyes staring at me. I got down on the duralyt and turned the lamp on again, on the far side of the field at 160yds was a fox staring at me, she looked for a few moments, walked about 10 yds, stopped and looked again. This second stop was just what I needed, as she turned to look at me again I set the crosshairs on the front of her chest and sent the .22cal 50 grain varminter with my very best regards.

The bag slap report followed very quickly as I saw the beaming eyes arc up and away.

I will be down there again tonight to mop up the cubs, I envisage they will be hungry tonight because the mother was still suckling them, she was another very fit and healthy specimen.
IMG_1415.jpg

IMG_1418.jpg

IMG_1416.jpg

IMG_1417.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.