160gr Matrix

Shot an A.I. for years before I built the Sherman. I'll be anxious to see your results. What barrel do you have?.......Rich[/QUOTE]

My rifle is built on a Howa action with a 26 inch 8 twist Shilen Select Match.

Rich ,
If I figured it right your COAL would be 2.895" and .090" short would be 2.805". Isn't that the max length for many of the short action magazines
Cliff

Rich ,
If I figured it right your COAL would be 2.895" and .090" short would be 2.805". Isn't that the max length for many of the short action magazines
Cliff

I think you are pretty close. When I designed the cartridge, I was looking primarily at the 140's but I think the 160 will just fit in a Rem box which is about the shortest..........Rich

I just measured three different SA boxes. The two older ones measured 2.820", and 2.825". The newer stainless one measured 2.840", so I think we are good even with the 160's. I also picked up a good action yesterday for $300 delivered. PTG called and said the go gauge will probably be shipped late this week........Rich

IMG_20130416_154450_902.jpg

I got a chance to run out to the range today with these bullets, I am impressed. Thank you Cliff for helping me get an idea where to start loading these for my 6.5-06AI. I started four grains below my 140 Berger load and loaded back up. I shot four different charges all at .090 off lands and they all shot under an inch. I just shot at 100 today trying to get an idea for a load. This group was at 3 grains below the other load, 2.5 grains showed promise but I jerked one shot terrible. 2 grains below was a little too hot for my liking, but still shot about .75". Hopefully tomorrow I can shoot a little further and see how it holds. Thanks again to Cliff, he has put in all the hard work. Ryan

View attachment 20877

I got a chance to run out to the range today with these bullets, I am impressed. Thank you Cliff for helping me get an idea where to start loading these for my 6.5-06AI. I started four grains below my 140 Berger load and loaded back up. I shot four different charges all at .090 off lands and they all shot under an inch. I just shot at 100 today trying to get an idea for a load. This group was at 3 grains below the other load, 2.5 grains showed promise but I jerked one shot terrible. 2 grains below was a little too hot for my liking, but still shot about .75". Hopefully tomorrow I can shoot a little further and see how it holds. Thanks again to Cliff, he has put in all the hard work. Ryan

Lookin good! What kind of velocity?......Rich

I should get the Matrix 160's and the replacement stock from Savage about the same time next week!!!

Anybody have some pet loads for the 6.5x284Norma yet?? I should also be getting in 10 more # of RL-22. I think Retumbo may be the stuff to try.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.