160gr Matrix

Are these things Matrix' Hunting bullets or his VLD style? Would you guys have Ballistic Coefficients figured out by chance??

...man, a 160g 6.5*

Make for a wicked wieght through a 264 win mag, nice bit extra for moose & such with big bones! 140 works, but boy 160 ??? :rolleyes: Am not far off from re-barrelling mine. That bullet might be a real consideration down the road*

rooster, its his VLD and Bigngreen said .720 for the BC works for his dad out of his 6.5 sherman, he also said the bullet has lead all the way to the tip. Some others said .7 works for them at a little lower velocity.

Geeez.. that's pretty impressive

What velocity difference is there between a 6.5 sherman and a 6.5x284 say? My most-accurate 264wm load with 140 Bergers is 3135 with Retumbo..

Really gotta wonder how it would push that 160* ...really has me thinking

rooster, its his VLD and Bigngreen said .720 for the BC works for his dad out of his 6.5 sherman, he also said the bullet has lead all the way to the tip. Some others said .7 works for them at a little lower velocity.

I really want to try that now, I had to look up what a 6.5 Sherman was and it is based on the 06 case. My 6.5 Sin is off the 7mm Dakota case necked down and improved. I believe that bullet is a perfect match for it. I better get a 30" Brux on it's way............and about 500 of those bullets haha.

Geeez.. that's pretty impressive

What velocity difference is there between a 6.5 sherman and a 6.5x284 say? My most-accurate 264wm load with 140 Bergers is 3135 with Retumbo..

Really gotta wonder how it would push that 160* ...really has me thinking

The 6.5 Sherman will run the same as your 264 win, accuracy is right in the 3150 range with a 140 Berger but it can push it a little hotter.

CliffM at the beginning of this thread said he has pushed them to 3050' with his 6.5 sherman and a 26" barrel, with my 6.5x284 and its 30" barrel i think i should be running around 50-100' slower than that and if the RL 33 works out good maybe even matching it. You should be able to push them about 100-150' faster than me with equal barrel lengths.

I think this is the perfect bullet for the what would be the hot rod 6.5's, like the Sin or WSM, use the case capacity to push some BC instead of pushing velocity which is more better IMO for LR :D

I talked to Marshal this week about them and he said he'd have some made by the end of the week. I think I'll order a box or two to run through my 6.5-300wm. I have quite a few phone books saved up for just such a occasion.

I talked to Marshal this week about them and he said he'd have some made by the end of the week. I think I'll order a box or two to run through my 6.5-300wm. I have quite a few phone books saved up for just such a occasion.

Good, I have only done paper and rocks, assuming they will behave just like the 165gr/270.
Cliff

If i get a chance i will send a couple into some phone books or milk jugs with a case full of trail boss and check expansion. No promises though...

Glad you started this thread Cliff. It looks liking jumping them .090" has some potential as well. I can't wait to try some in 6.5 SS. For you guys who haven't seen the bullets, here is one between the 6.5 Sherman and the 6.5 SS Prototype......Rich DSCF0519.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.