160 Matrix in 6.5 - 284

BrentM

For late spring bear I ran some 160's in hope to get a solid working round for a LR bear hunt. As it turned out the longest shots were 100 yards. No LR testing on animals occured.

I did shoot this bullet and got .25MOA accuracy at my 200 yard zero and shot a 4" 4 shot group at 1000. I ran into a problem at 1400 yards though and decided to stick with my 140 VLD set up for now. At 1400 the bullet was falling 4 feet low of target. I could not understand what was wrong.

I am thinking of trying again and wanted to see if any one else has good luck with the matrix and if so, what sort of speeds are you seeing? How are the bullets working for you all? I did not have chrono to use at the time but shooter and I both came up with 2850 @ 52.5 retumbo.

Yes, drop. I shot a couple of rounds and they hit about 1 MOA from each other. I recorded it on my old vid cam to study when I got home. I shot a rock at 940 2x, then had Ami shoot a patch of snow at 700ish. She was a tad low but I was real close to being spot on. I figured I didn't know WTH I was doing so I guit wasting ammo. I reviewed everything and could not grasp the issue that created such a major change in POI from 1000 to 1400. I have 10-20 bullets left and thought I might try them again now that I have a chrono.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.