160 gr. accubond question

270bdl

How would a 7mm 160 gr. accubond at 2900f.p.s to 2950 f.p.s be for a long range hunting load. This bullet is the best shooting load in my rifle.

270bdl,
this is an awesome combination, last year my big brother drew a desert bighorn sheep tag and he wanted to use my 7mmRem Mag for the hunt (sako AV with a new McMillen stock) after doing load developement with several different powders and bullets the 160gr Accubond shot the best in my gun also ,as an added bonus they have the highest B.C. of any bullet I tried and the performance on game is second to none.
B.
p.s. my brother shot the unit record Ram with these bullets and neither one of them complained.

The first loads with this bullet and H-1000 chrongraphed 3012 f.p.s.I had sticky bolt lift so I backed off the charge. I have'nt had a chance to chrono the loads I have currently. I figured anywhere between 2900 and 2950 ought to be o.k. Thanks for the info.

I first shot the 160 Accubond in a 7mm Wby yesterday. I am still trying to figure out if the group was just good luck or real. Used RL-22 and F215M primers. I was just blowing out some new brass with these new bullets so I was taken by surprise at the tight group and did not have enough loaded to really test them.

corey006,
I love RL22 but it was not the trick on this rifle, I used IMR7828 with more of a load than what most books call for ( my reason for not giving you the exact load) it shoots at 3015fps.
B

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.