155 grn Berger vld or 125 grn nosler ballistic tip?

I don't quite know if you understand. I will be using a 210 grain Long range Accubonds for my elk and long range deer loads. I want to use a light fast bullets for thin skinned antelope deer and coyotes because I want limited penetration and lots of hydrostatic shock to knock them down in their tracks. I have been successful at achieving this goal with both the vld and the ballistic tip. I am just having a hard time deciding between which one to stick with.

Load a 215 Berger in it and shoot everything from prairie dogs to elk to 1000 plus. We do. Nothing has ran off with tons of kills. The 215 Berger breaths new life into the 300 win and makes it a very versatile rifle for anything in the US

Jeff

I understand your desire to have a super flat shooting combination with one of those lighter bullets. How about a compromise? Shoot the 125 gr bullet at coyotes or other varmints and use the heavier bullet for all big game? The 125's flat trajectory will be perfect when calling and you don't have the time to range and compensate with a turret. Just aim and mash-um flat.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts