1502 Yard Video

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Jon A, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Jon A

Jon A Well-Known Member

I did a little playing around with some new gadgets (video/spotter connector/support, etc) and made my first attempt at editing together video and pictures, etc. I figured some might find it interesting:

1502 Yards

That was also my first time shooting that rifle at a "proper" target that far away. Damn, it makes 1000 seem easy. Enjoy.

2. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

Jon:

Cool video. 1500 sure does make the shorter ones seem a lot easier doesn't it?:):)

Did you make the mount for your camera/scope or did you buy it?

Where do you find country like that living on the coast?:):D:)

I really like that boom...........................................................................ding:)

3. Eaglet

Eaglet Well-Known Member

Jon A,

It gives me the chills. I'm amazed you were able to record that and group it like that from your truck's hood. Great work! GREAT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  4. MachV

MachV Well-Known Member

Super!Shooting to 1500 yards is tuff enough getting it on film is just plain cool!
    How do you like the reticle in the spotter? I was thinking about getting one for my TGA75 but was waiting for a review from someone.Does it match the MP-8?
    Is that camera adapter available or something you made up yourself?

5. Jon A

Jon A Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. Here is the specs on the stuff:

Video:
    Meopta TGA 75 Spotting Scope with 30X wide angle ranging reticle eyepiece.
    Lens adapter to the Sony Digital 8 Handycam from http://www.lensadapter.net/ .
    Bogen/Manfrotto 3420 Telephoto Lens Support.
    Bogen/Manfrotto 3021BPRO Tripod Legs with 701RC2 Video Fluid Head (RC2 Quick Release).

Rifle:
    Sporter weight Browning A-Bolt hunting rifle. Lilja barrel, McMillan stock, APS Smithing job.
    IOR 4-14X50 Tactical. Badger rings. My own base.
    300 RUM, 94 grains Retumbo, 208 A-Max, Virgin Nosler brass, 3150 fps.

6. Jon A

Jon A Well-Known Member

Far from the coast, of course. :D That was from my "real home" in Montana. ;)
    I like it a lot. It matches the MP-8 or any other Mil reticle just fine as it's simply a Mil reticle with 1/2 Mil hash marks. It gives a FOV about as large as most 20X scopes which is really nice. About my only complaint would be eye relief could be a bit longer. It doesn't bother me looking through it but I can't get the full FOV with cameras. But the usefullness of the reticle for stuff like this far overshadows that IMHO.

7. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

Wonderful video and some great shooting.

8. TMR

TMR Well-Known Member

Another Coasty with his real home in Montana......it is nice to venture over to the "homeland" every couple of months.

Nice video and great shooting

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2007