15 Minute Bear hunt.

Shooter264

Took a friend of mine bear hunting this year and the hunt lasted a whole 15 minutes. We went to a spot that in the past we have shot several good bears out of and I found this boar within 10 minutes of glassing. Another 5 minutes to get him in position and bear down. Shot was at 300 yards with a 6.5x47 Lapua and a 130 JLK. (Cloud Peak Gunworks). That little case is proving to be pretty powerful Yogi medicine. Bear ran maybe 20' after the shot. Bear ended up around 6'4" with a large melon. He was missing his left eye and had a cool scar from his eye to the bridge of his nose. He was an old bear judging by his teeth, I'm guessing 10-12 years old. Gotta love spot and stalk Wyo bears. The weather turned crappy for the next two days so we didn't end up with any more kills. There's always next year, right??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 138
Not sure he has been measured yet. Skinned him out, caped the head, checked him in, through the cape in the freezer, and went back to hunting. :)

Nice! I just want to say, if you ever find yourself a buddy short, give me a holler. I'll gladly fill the spot! Congrats to you both. Great job.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.