15 min gong target

mconwa951

Built a new gong target tonight. Used a new disc blade i got from a local implement dealer for $10. Used some baler belt to hang it and some scrap lumber from work. All in all have less then $20 into gonna go out and play next weekend got the girlfriend a new rifle to shoot so should be a fun weekend. Just gotta get through the work week.

Attachments

• gong.jpg
    gong.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 115
Im just curious what caliber you will be shooting at it. I too shoot at old disc blades but just to worn you inside of 700 yards my 7mags shooting 162's and 168's will blow holes through them. My sons 7mm-300wm will still blow through at 900 yards. But if you are shooting lighter bullets at or under 3000fps you should be ok.

Fun shooting, Jason

It wont last too long unless you are shooting at it with a .22 LR or shooting at very long ranges. Also, you will want to be careful when handling the frame because the copper shards that get stuck in the wood is going to be VERY sharp.

It depends on the grade of steel.

I shoot at exactly the same thing which I found lying around. It had a 3 inch hole in the centre which I blocked up with some 3/8 inch mild flat.
My 300wsm puts holes straight through the mild steel at 500yds yet barely dents the disc. Definately no craters even at a mere 300yds.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts