140 hornady eld match

skiles

I shoot the 140 eld very well out of my 260 at steel out to 1000 yards. I am pushing the bullet at 2750 and want to take a deer at 600 yards will the eld do the job? I have used the 140 amax at shorter ranges on deer and it does the job. How does the eld match compare to the amax? I really do not want to change bullets because I use it during matches and target shooting and I know I can put the bullet where I want. How do the eld and amax perform at longer ranges in 140 6.5 bullets?

I haven't shot the ELD-M yet in 6.5 but I have only shot the 140 Amax in my .260. I have taken several antelope in close and they were DRT. A friend of mine shot my .260 last year at an antelope at 448 and it was one and done, took a few steps. I then shot an antelope at 934 with the 140 Amax. The buck dropped, flopped a few times and was done. I hit it a little farther into the guts than I would have liked but it did plenty of damage; I was impressed with how well it did at that range. Rumor has it the ELD-M is the Amax with a new tip on it.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.