14 yr old daughter takes Bighorn

What a marvelous experience.

The pics are great.

I got a kick out of your daughter in the pics especially the first one. I wonder where her mind was.

The others show a young lady with some class. Most pics just 'have' the shooter in them. She kind of posed. Way too cute.

BTW, I bet she got her good looks from you as I bet her mother still has her's.:D

Now that I've said all of that, I'll just sit here and be jealous. That is a REALLY nice ram.

Well she practiced to shoot out to 500 but hoped for <300.
When the opportunity came it was 110yrds.
She knocked him down with the first shot, but he regained his feet and she knocked him down with the second shot as well. Both were a bit high behind the shoulder.

Tell her congratulations from all of us on here! My dad, CSPSgt, had to wait 17 years before he got a tag and try as we did he had to go home empty handed.

I have a seven year old daughter and I can only hope that she want to hunt with her old man someday. I believe you have a rare treasure there.

Hicks.

Which Tag was that?? Doesn't look like Abert Rim?? Maybe Pueblo's?? East Butte's tag?? Man that's a nice one! 22 yrs and still trying for a tag, Living here in Lakeview, I see them all the time out and about, Sure Hope to hunt one myself someday.

Last edited:
Congratulations to your daughter, you must be a very proud father. My four year old daughter is keen in hunting and I can't wait to help her take her first animal, let alone one as fantastic her ram!

Stu

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.