14 Twist 6mm-223 bullet for deer?

huntfish

I've just purchased a 6mm-223 (6x45) for my 10 y/o daughter to learn to shoot with. The gun has a 14' twist barrel. Any suggestions for a bullet that would stabilize and punch through a deer?

Can you get a picture text on your number I have. If so I'll send you a picture of the bullet I got off the far side hide on a very large body mule deer that was shot in the neck at 165 yards, that thing had a huge neck and broke its spine also. I have never once had a bullet not go all the way thru a antelope and have shot them out to 343 yards. That gun has probably shot 13 or 14 antelope. Try those bullets. You'll like em.

Also I think that 24 grs. shot better than the 24.5. But who knows what lot powder you will get I have not loaded for that for 4 years so start lower than that to be safe.

When can I bring my daughter to Casper to shoot a goat? She's gonna love this little gun. But then again, so is Dad.:D

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.