139 lapua scenar vs 140 berger t-vld

Rdb496

My gun loves bergers over h4350. However, they're rarer than hens teeth and I'm down to my last 200 or so. I'm thinking of trying the 139gr scenar. I know every gun likes different recipes but are they on par with the bergers quality wise? I of course know that the bc is slightly lower etc. Opinions pls

My gun loves bergers over h4350. However, they're rarer than hens teeth and I'm down to my last 200 or so. I'm thinking of trying the 139gr scenar. I know every gun likes different recipes but are they on par with the bergers quality wise? I of course know that the bc is slightly lower etc. Opinions pls
My 6.5x284 really liked them. I don't have the load recipe right off, but they were easy to tune and fun to shoot. Very consistent and trouble-free.

Attachments

• 6.5-284 CA 139 Scenar Target Photos.jpg
    6.5-284 CA 139 Scenar Target Photos.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 153
Another Scenar and Scenar-L fan here. Easier than Bergers to tune, just as accurate, and really do cleanly kill critters as I have witnessed multiple times in 6mm and 6.5 mm cartridges.
I've yet to witness a bullet "failure" with them.

Ed

Have some 90s scenar-l that i loaded for my 243. Have not sent one through a deer yet but have shot some 1/2 in. groups and i am extreme Berger fan. Smell a change in the air. Will be convinced if deer season works out. shooting Rem. 783 varmint with barrel cut down to 20 in. IMR 4895 powder.

I bought some 155 Scenar's that I want to load in my 308, about to order some 139's for a 6.5 PRC is just bought (if I find brass). I have heard a lot of good things with those 2 bullets as I have about the 140 and 215 Bergers.

Here is a thread with hundreds of Scenar kills: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/4977783/32

It appears that the Scenar may be easier to develop a load for, not as Good BC but good BC for hunting and (perhaps) more consistent terminal performance. I hope to see for myself, have experience with Bergers, ELDX, ELDM, and many others, looking forward to the Scenar experience!