1350yd colorado bull elk

7mmCUB,

Congrats on a HELL of a shot, no three shots!!!

That bull was dead on the first shot but they have a nasty way of getting into real bad spots if allowed to run and die on their own so its always wise to keep shooting as long as you can still see and get a good shot off, just as you did.

Congrats on a fine bull and great shooting.

That's interesting. I owned a Leica once and hardly ever reached to 1200. I do know about inconsistencies like that with different brands of range finders. Hopefully them things are not frying people's eyes.

I never ever seen or heard of a Leica rangeing that far before. I had one and it would not range past 1100 for me and I now have a Swarovski and it will indeed get to 1900 on a good day

I never ever seen or heard of a Leica rangeing that far before. I had one and it would not range past 1100 for me and I now have a Swarovski and it will indeed get to 1900 on a good day

JWP475,
You have to treat them with love. Usually you get 100 yards more when you treat them nicely.:) :D

That's a long shot, and I'll be the first to admit that I couldn't have done it.

Just curious, but you happen to recover any of those bullets and weigh them? I'm going to experiment with the 208gr A-max in my 30-06 for the range hunting. Sounds like you had great results with yours!

This is what I like to hear, legit long range and good kill zone shots!! Those bulls can really absorb an impact, yours was dead on his feet from the first shot just didn't know it. I shot mine at half that distance with a 300WM and he was dead on the first shot too, but stood there like nothing happened and absorbed FOUR.

Trust your calculations, but shoot until they are down! Great shooting.

yes i did recover one bullet that was completely flattened out but havnt weighed it...we shot two more bulls with that that gun around the 1300 yard range the next day after mine and recovered 3 more bullets. the one took 3 good hits like mine and the other fell with 2. so 8 hard hits to kill 3 elk!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.