13 yr old after N.C. black bear

DCGS

Official LRH SPONSOR
This is a preview of a hunt to come on Monday. North Carolina bear season opens on Monday. LRH member Jett put a Black bear hunt up for a fund raiser auction last fall. My customer Harry Smith bought the hunt for his daughter. His son got his bear on Jett's farm last year. We took Brooke to the range this afternoon to get to know one of the Twins. We started out at 500 yds. The steel kept falling with the energy of the 180 Berger so we went to the 785 target, then to the 1000 yd. The pics tell the tail. I think the bear is in trouble. The first pic is the twin guns I built Harry. The second is Brooke taking aim. Third is 3 shots at 500. Fourth is 3 shots at 785 and the last is 2 shots at 1000yds. This young lady before today had never tried any shooting over 100 yds. I'll post on Monday night after we get back with pics of a big black bear if all goes well. Hope you enjoy. Dan

Attachments

• Harry's Twins 003.jpg
    Harry's Twins 003.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 170
  • Brooke's target 002.jpg
    Brooke's target 002.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 166
  • Brooke's target 004.jpg
    Brooke's target 004.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 159
  • Brooke's target 005.jpg
    Brooke's target 005.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 169
  • Brooke's target 006.jpg
    Brooke's target 006.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 154
You should know. I was going to tell you that you can't see the dear from the range. The roll of the land covers them. You can't see the bottom of the steel. We will have to get the 1000yd dear at the big house farm. Dan

Well I promised a report so here it is. No Bear. After 3 days before opening day of getting up at 4.00 and scouting for bears we failed. Another friend and customer Dan Woody and me tried hard to find where they were hiding. We saw a few but not like in the past. Dan is the expert I just tried to as I was told. The weather did't help. It turned hot and nothing was moving. The season is in till Saturday so maybe better luck then. Brooke had to go back to school for the rest of the week. Another reminder that's why they call it hunting. Dan

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.