1220 yard woodchuck kill

MikeMurf0505

I would not have believed it if I didnt see it with my own eyes.
Judd was nice enough to take a day and spend it with a total stranger(me) and his friends and I have never in my 30 years of chuckin seen the likes of this shooting we did.

First my friend took one at 830 yards. Thats was awesome enough, then he goes right back and takes a 1220 yard shot at a standing woodchuck and drills it cleanly.
Many thanks to Judd and Kevin of Montour County Rifles for a shooting experience like nothing else I have ever seen.

I will be posting pictures and videos as soon as I get them set up.

WOW.....

I'm glad you guys had a good time. Eleanor was shooting pretty impressive the last couple days...

U guys are welcome to come back up whenever you want. By then I'll have my new stick done and have some more spots to hunt.

Happy huntin!

I KNOW I speak for all three of us when I say that was the most AWESOME shooting experience I have ever had.
I have been hunting chucks since 1985, and I have never seen anything like that.
Thanks again Shane, your the best.
I really appreciate how much you went out of your way for me and my lifelong friends.
Your pal,
Mike

Sounds like you guys had a great time and some outstanding shooting. I look forward to the pics and vids.

Words can not describe the experience. I have been shooting a long time. Chuckin since about 1984 or 1986??? and I never seen this kind of shooting.

Judd is such a cool guy to have spent his time with us, and we really enjoyed the way he was so patient with us.

It was very, very cool.

sounds awsome! mike your killin us! where are the pics and vid??

+1 with Oliveralan. Your killin us with the suspense. Your excitement is contageous. Heck I wanna thank Judd for the great time and I wasnt even there! Nor do I know Judd, but dang man, he sounds like fun to hang out with! How bout some visual excitement to go with it.:D

They were using their own guns for the closer shots...For the long stuff they were shooting "Eleanor" which is my custom Montour County Rifles 6mm-284.gun)

They seemed to take a liking to her when they started connecting at ranges they never thought was possible.:D

These guys really enjoyed theirself on this trip. Makes me feel good we taught them some new tricks and they were very open to suggestions on our hunting techniques.

I know Kevin has the video of the 800ish hog and Mikes 700ish hog with some others. The 1220 hog was not shot on Video since I didn't take it with me that day.

Mike is posting pictures when he loads them to photobucket and Kevin will probably post the video but it wil be awhile til we fill up the disk and then edit it down.

Teachin these guys was more fun than I expected..And seeing the expressions when they connected at these ranges was awesome..I may hafta do this more often!

In fact they had so much fun and liked eleanor so much I may be gunless in a week or two :D

My file types must not be correct for photo bucket - I cant get them onto the site.

I'll have it fixed and up soon.
Mike

O would not hesitate to recommend Kevin at Moncour County Rifles to anyone seeking to shoot what they have more accurately, or break out into the SUPER long range shooting world.
These guys KNOW what they are doing.

Recent Posts