120gr BT's for Deer?

Just saying you dont need em for deer, never lost a deer with my 85gr TSX 243, my 120gr bst ouf of my 2506 kills em dead, 140gr accubond is great on deer but more adequate for elk and bear, all Iam sayinggun)

not many deer need a 140 graing bullet, dont get me wrong Iam taking my 300wsm and 165gr TTSX for mule deer in CO next week, just saying you dont need it for deer.

I shot a yearling a few years ago with this exact combo.120 bt from a 280. Bullet exploded on shoulder blade never penetrated to the vitals. Tracked for 2 miles, dad put a another round in it.

I can't imagine shooting a mature buck with this bullet.

Although from they sounds of it this may have been a fluke.

Just saying you dont need em for deer, never lost a deer with my 85gr TSX 243, my 120gr bst ouf of my 2506 kills em dead, 140gr accubond is great on deer but more adequate for elk and bear, all Iam sayinggun)
The .25 cal. bullet has higher sectional density than does the .284..I consider the 120-gr. ballistic tip or Partition(better yet)in a 25/06 or .257 Roy about as good as it gets for deer. jmo

Friend of mine runs $15,000 tule elk hunts in CA, they use 257 bob with 120 gr partitions for everything and kill em dead

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.