115 gr D-tacs on deer sized game

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by nddodd, Jun 8, 2010.

1. nddodd

nddodd Well-Known Member

Hey guys I was wandering if any of y'all used the 115 gr D-tacs on deer sized game. Did they perform well or not. My velocity is a touch over 2800 fps at 10' from the muzzle.

Thanks,
    Nathan

2. nddodd

nddodd Well-Known Member

Bueller.......Bueller.........anyone...........anyone.

Surely somone has shot this bullet at something other than a piece paper. I think I read somewhere that Sierra makes them.

-Nathan

3. Johnboy

Johnboy Well-Known Member

if this helps out her goes.to me they look alot like a VLD bullet.with that said I would shoot them at a deer.heck alot of guys even me shoout the SMK at deer.but have come to love the A-max in my 30 cals.and they are just like a NBT to me other than they have a softer jacket.when the NBT has a little harder jacket.so you might just want to try the A-max.but understand the 10gn difference.

and yes Sierra makes them.

4. nddodd

nddodd Well-Known Member

Thanks man, I might have to shoot JUDD a pm he is shooting them acouple of hundred fps faster but I'm sure he's shot a few ground hogs with em. I'll give the thread a little longer maybe JUDD will see it and give his results with it.

-Nathan

5. Ernie

Ernie SPONSOR

Killed a couple of whitetail bucks and a antelope or two with the 115 DTAC's

6. outofayr

outofayr Well-Known Member

My brother (Sendero_Man on LRH) uses them in a 243AI he has with great results. Check this out for visual proof on Wyoming antelope:

YouTube - 2008 Antelope Hunt with my son.

Shot was 507 yards, muzzle velocity of just under 3200 fps.

7. nddodd

nddodd Well-Known Member

Awesome shooting, that was a very good answer to my question.

Thank you,
    Nathan

8. blipelt

blipelt Well-Known Member

115 Dtac at 3050fps out of a 6X47lapua did wonders on whitetail does out to 750yds. I am not sure but I think sierra makes them for Tubbs.

Brent

9. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

The 115 Bergers work very well on antelope, eastern whitetail and hogs. Do not know about the DTACS.

10. Johnboy

Johnboy Well-Known Member

yes Sierra makes them for Tubb.