115 gr D-tacs on deer sized game

nddodd

Hey guys I was wandering if any of y'all used the 115 gr D-tacs on deer sized game. Did they perform well or not. My velocity is a touch over 2800 fps at 10' from the muzzle.

Thanks,
Nathan

Bueller.......Bueller.........anyone...........anyone.

Surely somone has shot this bullet at something other than a piece paper. I think I read somewhere that Sierra makes them.

-Nathan

if this helps out her goes.to me they look alot like a VLD bullet.with that said I would shoot them at a deer.heck alot of guys even me shoout the SMK at deer.but have come to love the A-max in my 30 cals.and they are just like a NBT to me other than they have a softer jacket.when the NBT has a little harder jacket.so you might just want to try the A-max.but understand the 10gn difference.

and yes Sierra makes them.

Thanks man, I might have to shoot JUDD a pm he is shooting them acouple of hundred fps faster but I'm sure he's shot a few ground hogs with em. I'll give the thread a little longer maybe JUDD will see it and give his results with it.

-Nathan

115 Dtac at 3050fps out of a 6X47lapua did wonders on whitetail does out to 750yds. I am not sure but I think sierra makes them for Tubbs.

Brent

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.