111GCNS for 6.5x66 swede?

justramit

Was wondering what size the barrel shank is on these rifles if anyone knows. I think I am gonna order one in 30-06 and order a shilen barrel for it in 6.5x55 swede. Think this will be a good gun for my son's first rifle, and one that he can still use when he gets older. Still have a year or two before he will be ready. I read somewhere that the newer savages had a bigger shank than the older ones, but I'm not sure if that is just in the wsm calibers or all of them. Any help would be appreciated as this will be my first do it myself barrel swap.

Justin

Savage only used the larger shank on the wsm, ultra mags, and the target f-class actions. So, if you order the -06 you will get the small shank. Just order the shilen as a small shank. If you don't know Kim at Accuracy Arms has about the cheapest price on shile prefit savage barrels. If I remember right the select match stainless is $269. That is any factory contour, either shank, and chambered in any caliber that shilen offers.

I shoot a 6.5x55 Swede and it is a fantastic round to shoot and will stop moose or so say the swede's although I never tried it but I have shot big reds with it and its sweet. Your son wioll love it.

HP

Thanks for the info :) That is where I planned on getting a barrel from.....if you go chrome moly in blue they are only $225.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.