1090 yard elk kill by 13 year old and 338 Edge

First, I'd like to say "good dad" for getting your son out and getting him aquainted with hunting and shooting. You'll NEVER regret it. My son and I talk all the time about all the great times we've had on hunts. He'll never forget those times.
Second, his success is also your success. You got him to where he is today. Again, "good dad"
Third, wait 'till that boy gets back to school. I'll bet he's the cock-of-the-walk with all his buddies!

He actually wants to be a gunsmith. I will do everything I can to make that happen. Saturday it will be my 15 year olds turn. He has a cow tag too. Hopefully I will have another good report.

Congratulations to you and your son, thanks for writing it up and sharing with us. There is no better feeling than seeing your kid excell at something, except maybe when they excell at something you taught them!

I'm headed to NM in about a week to see if my 13 year old daughter can get her first long range cow elk.

That's really, really cool. Definitely easier to be calm when you've shot that far a million times, and to dust an elk at a thousand yards further than most people shoot their first big game animal, is really cool. He is gonna be scary good as he gets older!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.