105 AMax or 107 SMK on deer

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by jacack, Aug 4, 2003.

1. jacack

jacack Well-Known Member

Both shoot about the same out of my 243AI I am running them at 3250fps and getting groups in the .4 range,just wanted to hear which would be better for deer past 250 yrds

Jared

2. mbianchini

mbianchini Well-Known Member

I would lean towards the 105gr A-max. I have taken good many hogs with the A-maxs and they do a great job.

243 AI Pictures

3. Varmint Hunter

Varmint Hunter Well-Known Member

You guys should know better than shooting deer with SMK's or A-Max bullets. Jeeeezzz, everyone here knows better than that! [​IMG]

4. mbianchini

mbianchini Well-Known Member

Varmint Hunter
    You’re crazy! Killed many game animals with Match Kings and A-Max's

5. Guest

Guest Guest

VH. Can't tell if you are serious or not, but if you are you need to try them. Hit some deer with SMK's or A-Max and you will change your mind.

6. Varmint Hunter

Varmint Hunter Well-Known Member

Without a doubt, hunting big game with the Sierra MK bullet has been the most pondered, discussed, digested, regergitated and debated topic on this board. It barely takes the mention of the SMK to get someone all heated up.
    YES, I was kidding.
    As for my personal experience with the SMK on big game. I shot one large PA whitetail with a SMK bullet from my Weathery 7mm mag rifle. Although I did not perform an autopsy, the deer had a sizable hole blasted out the far side of its chest and expired quickly. I considered that shot to be in the X ring. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. GREYGHOSTt

GREYGHOSTt <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

a-max