1000 yd. handgun shooting.

gravedigger

Can anyone tell where they shoot real long ranges with singleshot handguns. I would like to shoot this and long range[riflesilhouette] with a handgun.
Any information that could be passed on would be appreciated.
THANK YOU

Some of the 1k rifle matches will let you shoot with them.
I know of two (Iowa & Missouri).
Some of the tactical matches will also let you shoot long range.
Myself and two other guys put on some type of LR specialty pistol shoot each year. In early May we just had a LR Bench clinic In NOrth Central NE. We went out to 1k. Hoped to go out to one mile but cattle and a transmission line became an issue, so we moved it to another field. Or other clinic is a field shooting clinic (Primarily prone) and the ranges there will go to 1k and on these ranches we can go out to 1 mile or beyond if we wanted. The LR PD shoot will be the first time we have done this. WE have been getting a lot more interest with the PD's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Our clinic's are three days (Thursday-Saturday). Everything we will do will either be in Kansas, Colorado, or Nebraska. There are not a whole lot of guys that do the LR game with SP's but the #'s are growing.
Hope to meet and shoot with you at some point in the future.

xphunter, I appreciate the information and when you have the clinic next year keep me in mind.
THANK YOU

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.