1000 yards

Thank you for your response JE.

I am still learning and just wanted to make sure that I was making a good purchase and appreciate your input...I am willing to get the 4.5 - 14 x 50 LR if it is that big of a difference versus the 4.5 - 14 x 50...

I have the 4.5 - 14 x 50 with M1 Windage and Elevation Turrets on order with the Leupold Custom Shop at the moment. This scope was ordered as a "Fathers Day" gift from my wife and son. In order to mark this special gift and occasion, I thought it would be nice to have my name "engraved" into the side focus area of the scope....

With that being said, by engraving my name, I didnt want to significantly jeopardize the quality of my scope by not going with the LR version given that my were to get out to 1000 yards on occasion.

Thank you for your response JE.

I am still learning and just wanted to make sure that I was making a good purchase and appreciate your input...I am willing to get the 4.5 - 14 x 50 LR if it is that big of a difference versus the 4.5 - 14 x 50...

I have the 4.5 - 14 x 50 with M1 Windage and Elevation Turrets on order with the Leupold Custom Shop at the moment. This scope was ordered as a "Fathers Day" gift from my wife and son. In order to mark this special gift and occasion, I thought it would be nice to have my name "engraved" into the side focus area of the scope....

With that being said, by engraving my name, I didnt want to significantly jeopardize the quality of my scope by not going with the LR version given that my were to get out to 1000 yards on occasion.

I have a friend that did the same thing. and was very happy with Leupold's engraving and
service . Also he loves the scope.

Enjoy.

J E CUSTOM

Engraving I think is very nice and cool, just make sure you plan on holding onto it for a while as I'm not sure how well it'll sell with your name stuck on it if you want to sell it one day...that's of coarse unless they can buff it out and return it to like new condition.

the knob could always be exchanged for another. however there are some things that have more than a cash value.
the scope youve described will do very well on any rifle you choose to put it on. just learn to use it well. the same would be true of any other also.
you will never miss an animal because of that scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.