1000 yard goat

7mmrowland

375159387.jpg

Thanks to my 1200 lieca and a zero wind morning and a patient target it was almost easy.:D

That is a great long range kill.
Please tell us more about it, will like to know the details of your hunt.
Thanks for posting.

Sounds like it could be interesting. Give us some details for instance....

A pic of that rifle along with the specs and the load you were shooting.

Play by play on the hunt.

Mr Russo hit the nail right on the head. LOL OK here's the play by play probly gunna sound like somehing out of Outdoor Life...NOT While hunting on a indian reservation in Montana one evening we spotted a herd of 13 to 15 antalope heading to bed down in a creek bottom. We new they would be there in the morning so before sunup we got setup on a little nole that over looked where they would travel back up to the praire to graze or do whatever antalope do, so with first light we began scaning for goats and sure enough they single filed out of the creek bottom, so with my Lieca 1200 I began getting number in the 950 to 1000yds PERFECT almost what I wanted. ( actually wanted a mile) but couldnt pass up the zero wind conditions so with a 400 yds zero I had to crank in 15 more moa for bullet placement. With my finger on the trigger I told my spotter what goat had his bad day commin, dont take much to set of 96 grns to push a 245 grn solid brass bullet with a 12oz jewel trigger. BANG.... after lossing the view I had through my 3.5-15 NSX I regained image of a goat stumbling then collapesing to the ground. I laid there in AWWWW thinking holy **** everything worked as planned. With a dirty smerk I reminded my buddy who said no way is that shot gunna happen that it can be done. With equipment avaliable nowadays rangefinders,bullets,barrels,optics and some practice with good equipment long shots seem to become not so imposable. Special thanks to Joel Russo, Lawton Machine,broughton barrels and LONGRANGE HUNTING.COM

Last edited:
Nice kill man, i am about tot go out to my ranch and try to take a black buck on video at a mile. If i am successful i will try and post the video (don't know if you can post videos on here). Great Shot!!

Nice kill man, i am about tot go out to my ranch and try to take a black buck on video at a mile. If i am successful i will try and post the video (don't know if you can post videos on here). Great Shot!!

Post your video on photobucket or youtube and then insert the link here.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts