100,000 rounds of ammo in one half hour!

Ian M

Slight boo-boo in the current issue of Gun List - somehow the number 100 got increased to 100,000 in a piece about cranking lots of ammo for long range practice. Have some very funny mental aberations thinking of the logistics for reloading 100,000 rounds of ammo in 30 minutes - I can see the far-off look in Dave King's face already!

Len, I mentioned LR Hunting in the article, will be interesting to see if you get some additional hits this week.

When I was in the middle of a P Dog town, I was wishing my Rem 700 was belt fed. I guess that you found one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I remember reading someplace about a British experiment.

When the British army abandoned the .303 round, some officers decided to see how long they could keep a Vickers going with the now unrequired 303 ammo.

That Vickers blased away all day and all night. If I remember correctly they got through about 250,000 rounds before the gun gave up the ghost.

Now thats what you need in the middle of a P. Dog town.

Rgds

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.