1 Rifle to rule them all

I grew up in a non AR shooting world..not because I can't have them ..but because my dad and grandpa wasn't a big fan ..I TRYED the ruger sr-556 and didn't like it so I tryed the DPMS LR-308 and didn't like it ..I guess I'm just stuck on one hole rifles..and I couldn't make them do that..so I would have to go with my three "go to" 7mm Rem Mag sendero...benelli M4....and Sig 1911 Nightmare !!!...I meen if I really needed an AR there will be plenty of them " lying " around...

Last edited:
Interesting thread. Under those conditions, my body is not in good enough condition to do anything useful except "avoid situations" and deal with short range emergencies.

That makes a relatively short range, easy to move around weapon more interesting to me than an AR. (and I don't own one, they are cool, just don't have one)

Ammo is always limited, so it has to be something that I can shoot reasonably well, which eliminates auto pistols.

Maybe a 357 revolver or similar chambered short rifle.

I'd go with the Weatherby 22 LR. It is semi auto, has 10 shot clips, shoots 0.5 inch at 50 yards with bulk ammo and the scope is a 6X by 24X with a parallax knob that works down to 45 feet. And it will maintain its accuracy through hundreds if not thousands of rounds.

I'd grab my dad's Model 70 in .270, with a Weaver K-6 on it. The rifle dates from 1949, the scope pretty close to that. Very classic, and I can hit with it out to 500 yards or more.

Unless I happened to have more .30-06 ammo, in which case I'd take my Garand with NM sights. I guess I can hit out to 500 yards or more with it, too!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.