• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 1 Box 338 300gr Berger's for Sale **SOLD**

jonthomps

I bought a box of these as soon as they came out for my 338 Lapua and before I could get them loaded Berger has now stated that loading them in the 338 Lapua may cause nose slump. They should be fine in the 338 Edge. I have no desire to waste the time, powder, etc. so . . . this box has got to go. Opened but unused. $25.00/shipped.

Last edited:
Re: 1 Box 338 300gr Berger's for Sale

Oops too late.. By a minute.

They are yours buck brsh...

ps..my 338 Lapua loves em.

Jeff

Broz,

Mind sharing the Lapua load you're using with the Bergers?

Not at all.

9x fired Lapua brass.
CCI 250
300 Hybrid .015" off lands
91.5 gr of H-1000 ( work up to this load) I saw first signs of pressure at 92.5 and backed off. Lilja 27 1/2" 10 twist.
MV. 2785

Jeff

Thanks for the info, I'll be using it. I've shot a lot of ball powder (Ramshot) but it seems like every other guy I talk to is using H-1000. I may have to take a look at it. I've also got 4 lbs of the new N-570. Any experience with this powder?

Got my box of berger 300gr .338's. Then found out they will not work with my
338-378 because of a design error.

They call it bullet bulgeing. Very disipointed, waited all this time for nothing.

If your gonna buid a bullet, you should design it to at least function in all muzzle vel. for that caliber.

Maybe i should buy a wimppy gun..... Sorry, just really ****ed!

Got my box of berger 300gr .338's. Then found out they will not work with my
338-378 because of a design error.

They call it bullet bulgeing. Very disipointed, waited all this time for nothing.

If your gonna buid a bullet, you should design it to at least function in all muzzle vel. for that caliber.

Maybe i should buy a wimppy gun..... Sorry, just really ****ed!

Did you try them? If not maybe you should try a few before you get pizzed about something that may or may not be a problem. Or, bring your hotrod over with your favorite load and I will shoot the Bergers through my "wimpy gun". Then we will see for sure which is "wimpiest" . You pick the distance...as long as it is over 1000 yds. :D

By the way, Welcome to LRH, nice first post!

Jeff gun)gun)

Last edited:

Recent Posts