1@550 and 1@603 last night

Coyboy

On the second day of Wisconsins gun season I decided to watch the Nascar race from the comfort of my living room. Near by on the deck sat my 260AI and Lecia 800's. With all the yellow flags I had plenty of time to watch the field for deer. With about 25 minutes of light left I found a large doe out in the grass, A small tree was in the bullet path so I patciently waited for the deer to go clear and broadside before stepping out to the deck. After a few tries to get a good range reading, I settled in for the shot. The doe jumped at the hit and ran about 30 yards before she stopped and laid down. I was positive she was not getting back up and I stepped back in the house. A quick glance out the window revealed another doe standing at attention. I slipped back out, caught a reading, and sent a 140 grain A-max on it's way. The doe folded and the sound of a solid hit drifted back to me. With all the doe tags you want for 2 bucks a piece, I picked up 5 more, no takers tonight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Coyboy,

Me thinks you've got it made! TV, deck/deerstand, venison at a nickel per pound, Wisc, cheese & a .260 A/I! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Congrats on the deer. Good shooting! Tell us about the rifle/load.
Dave

Shooting deer was a good use of your time. I kept hoping the 48 would blow his motor and the 17 Ford would take the Cup but it was not to be.

Sorry for no picks, I'm not set up for it, and still on dial-up. I'm going to be upgrading next summer so hopefully things will change.

The rifle is a savage short action with a SSS trigger and a #7 Pac-nor, Duramax stock skim bedded, Harris bipod. It wears a Weaver Tactical 4-14. I ordered components and put this one together about 2 years ago. Since then I took machining classes and gunsmithing classes. I put together 6 rifles this summer for my brother and myself. But for a all around deer rifle I just love this 260AI. My load of H4831 is currently pushing the 140 A-max at 2900fps, with the 26" barrel. At 600 yards it is a consistent 1/2 MOA gun.

If I did have a picture of the field You would basically see my shooting range in the middle of a grassy pasture with woods bordering 2 sides and farm fields on the third.This fall while getting ready for my elk hunt I had a buck walk across my lane at 400 yards as I was lining up on the 600 yard steel.

Thanks for the kind words.

Buffalobob, I was kinda rootin' for Junior to have a win. Not to be. All that shootin' and I missed the last 15 laps. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts