1.000,000 m1garands to be destroid.

What a bunch of baloney with all those "sky is falling" theories! Things are bad, but it ain't that bad! By the way, how big is the tinfoil hat you're wearing, LOL! You might better read up before you start talking all this crappola about this UN Treaty that might be signed taking away our guns because the ONLY way it can take effect is by a 2/3rds vote of the Senate and that ain't gonna happen any time soon! All this BS about it automatically taking effect, etc., is a bunch of hogwash and if people read up on exactly how things have to go to accomplish what you're saying is a done deal they would know better!

What a bunch of baloney with all those "sky is falling" theories! Things are bad, but it ain't that bad! By the way, how big is the tinfoil hat you're wearing, LOL! You might better read up before you start talking all this crappola about this UN Treaty that might be signed taking away our guns because the ONLY way it can take effect is by a 2/3rds vote of the Senate and that ain't gonna happen any time soon! All this BS about it automatically taking effect, etc., is a bunch of hogwash and if people read up on exactly how things have to go to accomplish what you're saying is a done deal they would know better!

Whatever you say....

Better delve into the mechanics of the treaty and it's impact before signing off as a naysayer.

Better yet, in as much as the War Powers Act is in force (and has been for the last 50 years or so), the President, at any time, without the consent of Congress (or his wife) can invoke martial law and confiscate weapons legally held by the citizens.

Not that he would, even though he did (in the case of Katrina).

It's too obvious and too upfront. Better to 'back door' the policy like was done to Kelly MacMillan and in the case of the population, let the UN dictate the policy, via treaty. I can happen and will happen if Hillary and Reid are successful. A non vote constitutes acceptance. If Reid chooses to not present the proclimation for a vote, it becomes accepted and treaties override Constitutional mandate.....

But I'm sure you know that...... you do don't you??

The sky won't fall anytime soon, hopefully and as far as a tin hat, I prefer a fedora to keep the sun off.

Didn't know there was anyone left in Michigan. I was under the impression everyone left. I was going to turn the lights out........:D

Please show me where you are getting this baloney about not needing a Senate vote and it will automatically become law. You are reading too much internet BS and not reading what actually has to take place and that is the Senate must vote on any treaty and approve it by a 2/3rds vote. It is nothing like a Bill that a committee or the Senate Majority Leader can sweep under the carpet and win by default. BO should go down as the worst and lamest President in our history, but no matter what he tries he won't get but a fraction of the estmated 300 millions guns out in civilian ownership. Yep, I'm on the "good" side of the state, LOL!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.