08 New Mexico Antelope

wolffman

I have had a successful season so far. I shot this antelope in New Mexico on Sept 13th at 302 yards. Thats what the swarovski said anyway. He was quartering away with a group of about 15 does. The bullet went in and out the opposite shoulder and he dropped like a ton of bricks. It is a 30-378 Wby Mag with handloaded 180gr. Barnes Triple Shocks chrono at 3449fps. I have a 338 Allen Mag on order and can't wait. I go to Wyoming Oct 8th for antelope and possible mule deer will let you know how it goes.

I can't get the pics to attach can someone tell me how?

Here's a couple of pics for "wolfman". I'll let him provide the descriptions. There may be more and if so, I'll put them up also.

IMG_0571Medium.jpg

IMG_0573Medium.jpg

056.jpg
051.jpg
This was my first antelope ever. Taken in vaughn, new mexico last weekend with a old savage 7mm rem mag w/o the accu trigger. The shot was taken a little under 300 yards. The bipod was more of a weight since the shot was taken off my knees. HE SCORED 82 3/8"

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.