06/28/09 - Fullbore Prone/F-Class - East Wenatchee, WA

milanuk

Sunday, June 28th 2009

North Central Washington Gun Club (www.ncwgunclub.com)

East Wenatchee, WA

600yd Fullbore match (NRA Approved)

Three strings of 2 convertible sighters + 15 shots for record, fired pair-fire if at all possible (depending on # of people available for squadding, etc.)

Match is primarily for sling & F-Class shooters; competitors must be using a NRA-legal rifle per the rule book in order to compete for 'Match Winner'. Shooters with muzzle brakes also welcome and will be classified as 'Other' and squadded so as to not disturb others.

Minimum of 5 competitors per class to break out for awards; otherwise classes may be combined at the match directors discretion.

Please contact the match director ([email protected]) in advance if you intend to attend. Adult fees $20 for pre-registered entries, otherwise $30 @ sign-in. Junior fees 1/2 of adult prices.

Match Results

Match results for the 600yd 45rd Fullbore match held today in East Wenatchee, WA.

The event went well after a bit of stuttering initially as people got acclimated to the Fullbore match format combined with the alternative (new) scoring system. Temps into the low to mid 80's, winds were moderate, 8-12mph w/ occasional gusts to 15+, and the direction swinging from 7-9 o'clock with some regularity. I know I had from as little to 1.5 moa to as much as 3.5 moa of wind on the gun (shooting a .308) throughout the day. Just fast enough the mirage wasn't much help, and the flags were close to maxed out as well. Definitely made things... interesting
wink.gif

Two sling shooters battling it out for Match Winner, two people shooting 'Other' - a little father-daughter competition going on there, and not quite enough F/TR or F-Open shooters to break either one out as a separate class. All in all a nice little match - I think good fun was had by all.

Thanks to all who showed and helped make the match a success.

Code:
Last First Agg Awards Notes
Milanuk Monte 412-9X 1st F-class .308 Winchester
Redell Jesse 392-4X 6x47L / .223 Rem (1st rifle disabled)
Humphries Orin 393-13X 6mm BR
Vanderlin Orville 435-13X MW Any Rifle 6.5-08
Vanderlin Andrew 389-6X .223 Rem (AR)
Sprague Michael 392-3X .308 Winchester
Brackenbury P.J. 411-4X 6XC
Podleski Steve 429-8X MW F-Class 6mm BR
Findlay Jim 409-4X 6.5x47L (braked)
Shearer-Findlay Shayla 410-9X 6.5x47L (braked)

Sory for the jumbled format... after a long day prepping the range and shooting/running the match, I have little patience left for forum software that won't let me attach a file with the results, and no patience left to fiddle around trying to space out the text to make it look pretty.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.