Cart is empty
THIS IS A NEW PRICE, $50 LESS THAN OLD ONE!
Think of this map as being the "BLM Maps For Your GPS" with landowner info added.
PLAT4GPS Maps For Your GPS
Know EXACTLY where you are at relative to all property boundaries anywhere in Montana, whether you are on public or private Land.
- Data size: 650 MB
- Land Ownership Data Currency: Updated at least once per year.
- Map Coverage: Entire State
- Map Features:
- Public and Private Lands with Unique Colors
- Landowner Name Appears on Each parcel in the state!
- Section Lines and Property Boundaries
- Move GPS cursor over any piece of land for Land Owner name
- Back-Roads and Highways
- Topo Lines – 20 ft contour intervals - 1:24K Equivalent
- Geographic Names (Points of Interest)
- Water Data (creeks, rivers, lakes)
- National Forest Trails
- Compatibility: Works with most handheld Garmin GPS receivers -
- Price: $149.95- SD card
Above are some example images of the Land Ownership Maps at various zoom levels on an eTrex Vista HCx. The maps are colored according to BLM map standards [BLM, State , Forest Service , private=white, US Fish & Wildlife , National Parks , Indian Reservations, etc.]
You will be able to see your position relative to public and private land boundaries. For example, if you are on a BLM section, your current location will show up on a yellow background. If you are on private land, your GPS will show your current location on a white background. You will also be able to tell where the borders are between different pieces of private land by looking for the neighbor's name on a bordering parcel.
eTrex Screenshot 1 eTrex Zoom Level 2 eTrex Zoom Level 3
- Background Colored according to Surface Management Agency helps you easily determine public and private land boundaries.
- Detailed Topo lines that increase in detail as you zoom.
- Select any parcel of land to view Land Owner Name
- Section Lines and Property Boundary lines
- NHD Water Bodies, Flowlines, and Areas show you creek drainages, rivers, lakes, etc
- Geographic Names Information System data to show mountain peak names, creek names, river names, and other points of interest.
- National Road Data shows all public roads and road names
- National Forest Trails
- National Forest Trailhead locations (some locations may be slightly inaccurate)
- Notes: Montana land ownership data is very detailed, even within the cities. To speed loading time on GPS units, the ownership data from within the most populated places in the major cities has been removed. But still you may notice slightly slower loading times at the more zoomed out zoom levels and near large cities. It is rare to need these higher zoom levels. New models (Colorado, Dakota, and Oregon Series) can load the images much quicker. From our experience, any model has no problem quickly loading the data at the zoom levels typically seen while walking around.
Government lands in Flathead County may not have Section lines and/or may not match up with Section/Parcel lines. Use Section/Parcel Lines for boundary references rather than relying on background coloring. Some parcels in Flathead County may have unknown owner names.
Data is taken from the most current state and national government agency's tax survey data. It is recommended to use this tool only for reference and not attempt to locate boundaries to within +/- 30 yards; due to inaccuracies of the GPS unit determining your position combined with possible inaccuracies in the Geographic Coordinate Data Base Survey Lines. Because of the data compilation methods used by state agencies and Montana Mapping & GPS, LLC; the data is subject to error. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content or usability. User assumes all risk of use.
Section Lines and Landowner Names in MapSource
Boundaries, Roads, Trails, Trailheads, Topo, Water Bodies, etc.
microSD or SD card purchase
A microSD and standard SD adapter will be delivered by mail. The map will be pre-programmed on the card so you can just plug and go.
Purchase using your credit card through Paypal - no login needed!
Map Updates and Error Report
Maps will be updated at least once a year and made available to previous customers at a reduced price. Land ownership may change at any time. Customers are advised to compare the latest paper maps to the GPS map and/or confirm current boundaries with local BLM or Fish and Game officials, or current Landowner. Always obey property line postings and use common sense to visually verify boundaries.
- LRH Rear Shooting Bag
- How to Dope the Wind - Beyond Belief
- Sling (Double Shoulder)
- $99.95 Predator i-Kam Xtreme 3.0 Hunting Video Glasses
- BLM4GPS Maps For Your GPS (SD/Micro SD Card Version)
- PSE TAC 15 Radial Crossweave Arrows
- QAD Drop-Away arrow rest for TAC 15/15i
- Defensive Edge - LRH Reloading DVD