Cart is empty
BLM Topo Maps for your GPS
I hunted in WY last fall and used the GPS map extensively. On one state piece I was approached by a stern-faced hunter who asked me if I knew I was hunting on private land. He and his buddies had hunted this land for 6 years with "permission" of a rancher. I calmly pulled out both my paper BLM map and the map on my GPS and proceeded to relate one to the other. After a few minutes of boundary explanation he softened his visage. Now I love never having to look over my shoulder wondering if I have to worry about the game warden giving me a ticket for trespassing...or just having an ugly altercation with a misinformed hunter. - Len Backus
- Map Coverage: Entire State
- Map Features:
- Public Lands with Unique Colors
- Topo Lines
- Geographic Names
- Water Data (creeks, rivers, lakes)
- National Forest Trails
- Land Ownership Data Currency: Updated at least once per year.
- Compatibility: Works with most handheld Garmin GPS receivers
- Price: $99.95 - SD/Micro SD card (both included)
Above are some example images of the Land Ownership Maps at various zoom levels on a Rino 530 HCx and an eTrex Vista HCx. The maps are colored according to BLM map standards [BLM, State , Forest Service , private=white, US Fish & Wildlife , National Parks , Indian Reservations, etc.]
You will be able to see your position relative to public and private land boundaries. For example, if you are on a BLM section, your current location will show up on a yellow background. If you are on private land, your GPS will show your current location on a white background. See the screenshots from a Garmin eTrex Vista HCx below for an example of the GPS showing a user's location on a state section (blue background) next to private land.
eTrex Screenshot 1 eTrex Zoom Level 2 eTrex Zoom Level 3
- Background Colored according to Surface Management Agency helps you easily determine public and private land boundaries.
- Detailed Topo lines that increase in detail as you zoom.
- NHD Water Bodies, Flowlines, and Areas show you creek drainages, rivers, lakes, etc
- Geographic Names Information System data to show mountain peak names, creek names, river names, and other points of interest.
- National Road Data shows all public roads and road names
- National Forest Trails
- National Forest Trailhead locations (some locations may be slightly inaccurate)
Data is taken from the most current state and national government agency's survey data. Boundary data doesn't get any more accurate than this, but you are still responsible for verifying boundaries and knowing where you are. Because of the data compilation methods used by state agencies and Montana Mapping & GPS, LLC; the data is subject to error. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content or usability. User assumes all risk of use.
Zoom in to view contour lines in great detail
Boundaries, Roads, Trails, Trailheads, Topo, Water Bodies, etc.
SD/Micro SD card (both included)
A 2.0 GB SD/Micro SD card (both included) will be delivered by mail. Make sure your GPS has expandable memory in the form of microSD or SD. You will choose which type of card you want before you add the item to your shopping cart (The only units that I know that take the standard SD card size are the Colorado's and Nuvi's). The map will be pre-programmed on the card so you can just plug and go.
GPS Receiver Requirements
- Must have a Garmin GPS (color screen recommended)
- Unit must have expandable memory capability (slot or port for microSD or SD memory card)
- recommended units - Garmin Colorado series or similar
- DO NOT send any other map data to the SD card while it is in the unit - you may take the card out and use Mapsource to send any other data. You may send and receive data for waypoints, tracks, and routes to and from your GPS unit's internal memory
Please ensure that your Garmin GPS has a microSD or SD card expandable memory port.
Purchase using your credit card through Paypal - no login needed!
Compatible Units (just some of them) - must be a Garmin
A good place to check if your unit is compatible is the Garmin website. Find your unit then click on the 'specs' tab to see if it will 'Accept Data Cards'
- All Garmin Oregon Series
- All Garmin Colorado Series
- Dakota 20
- GPSMAP 60CSx
- GPSMAP 76CSx
- eTrex Legend HCx
- eTrex Vista HCx
- Rino 520HCx & 530HCx
- Nuvi series
More Screen Shots from GPS units
Colorado Map on a Garmin Rino 530HCx - 5 images showing increasing zoom level.
Screenshots taken from a user while located inside a half section of state land (Garmin eTrex Vista HCx). 5 images showing increasing zoom level
Screenshot from Mapsource showing landownership in Wyoming:
"I ordered the Colorado land use topomap, and I must say that it is a product worth purchasing. Being new to this state and having to find places to hunt was difficult. Once I purchased this product it has allowed me to accurately chase waterfowl without fear of ending up on private land. Thank you for a great product!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"We used your map up in Big Sky hunting for Moose, it was very helpful and insightful. The game warden came and talked with my dad and brother about the boundaries and was very impressed with what he saw and the fact that we were able to prove him wrong. He would like to get one from you also, I am going to call or email him with your website and email. He would like to have it for his job, he thinks it will be very beneficial. Thanks for your help."
"We took the GPS map out to our ranch to test the accuracy. There is a BLM section marker in the ground where the corner of our private land meets up with the BLM section. We stood over the marker and zoomed in on our GPS. Our location was plotted within feet of where the yellow BLM background met the white background on the GPS."
"The map is even more accurate than the Forest Service map I was comparing it to! It showed an old mining claim that has never been on the Forest Service map."
- LRH Rear Shooting Bag
- Sling (Double Shoulder)
- How to Dope the Wind - Beyond Belief
- $99.95 Predator i-Kam Xtreme 3.0 Hunting Video Glasses
- PSE TAC Radial Crossweave Arrows
- QAD Drop-Away arrow rest for TAC 15/15i, Elite/Ordnance
- BLM4GPS Maps For Your GPS (SD/Micro SD Card Version)
- Firenock Lighted Nocks For Tac 15 Arrows