Mountain Rifle (Ready To Ship)
The ultimate in accuracy in a lightweight 6.5 pound rifle platform. I feel this is about the minimum weight for controlled, precision 1/2 MOA shooting in the mountains out to 700 yards or so. Available in cartridges such as the 6.5x284, 6.5 SAUM 4S, 260 Rem, 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5x47 Lapua.
With the 6.5 SAUM cartridge and a 160 grain bullet at 3,000 fps, this can be an even better mountain elk rifle. A forum thread about elk hunting success with these cartridges is HERE.
I killed this Muley buck scoring in the mid 190's (correction: taxidermist just scored it at 201 - 3/4) on 9-18-15 with Non-Typical Outfitters using my own brand new Mountain Rifle in 6.5 SAUM and a single 140 grain Berger Hybrid bullet. Read the story HERE.
A few days before the hunt began I shot it for the very first time while validating my trajectory at 8,600 feet of elevation in the Wyoming mountains. My three shot group at 700 yards measured 1 inch vertical by 2.5 inches horizontal.
Including a 4-16x42 Huskemaw scope, total weight was 8.0 pounds and a pleasure to carry on the steep slopes in the rarefied atmosphere.
See actual stock model and colors below
- 6.5 GAP 4S (SAUM)
- Titanium action by Pierce - super lightweight receiver with ultra-light bolt
- Fluted barrel for stylish weight savings
- Brux Barrels - 24 inch hand lapped stainless match grade barrel, with lighter weight #3 contour and 8 twist
- LRR 3-port muzzle brake. Ports are on side, no holes on bottom.
- Stock -- the new lightweight, carbon fiber Manners EH-2 in black with contrasting titanium speckles
- The action, magazine and barrel throat are sized for bullets as long as the 140 grain Berger VLD bullets and the 160 grain Matrix.
- Pinned recoil lug
- Pillar bedded, free floated
- Side bolt stop, release
- Jewell target grade trigger adjusted and tuned to a crisp 2.0 pounds
- Front and rear studs with 1 inch Pachmayr Decelerator pad
- Detachable magazine
- Talley lightweight one piece scope mount included
- Metal finished in Cerakote ceramic coating - Titanium color
- Shown with optional Atlas bipod and lightweight NF NXS 2-10x32 scope.
- Weight: - 6.5 # w/o optics & mount
- Accuracy guarantee - 3 shots into 1/2" @ 100 yards
- Hard case and insured shipping to the lower 48 states using USPS Priority Mail (2 to 3 days) $125
- Left or right hand action, same price and time
- Swarovski X5 5-25x50 $2,799
- Swarovski Z5 3.5-18x42 BT 4W (16 oz Sheep Hunter model) $1,229
- Nightforce ATACR 5-25x56 SFP Enhanced Scope MOAR Reticle
(With Zero Stop) $2,619
- Nightforce 5.5-22x50, NXS Scope MOAR Reticle
(With Zero Stop) $2,028
- Nightforce 5.5-22x56, NXS Scope MOAR Reticle
(With Zero Stop) $2,028
- Huskemaw 5-20x50 Blue Diamond Scope $1,449
- Huskemaw 4-16x42 Blue Diamond Scope $1,249
- Huskemaw 3-12x42 Blue Diamond Scope $1,049
- Huskemaw 5-30x56 Tactical Scope $2,499
- All Vortex, Swarovski, Zeiss, Schmidt & Bender, Kahles and other scope brands and models available
- G7 BR2 - Ballistic Compensating 2,400 Yard Rangefinder
(amazing tool!) $1,800 REVIEW HERE
- Atlas Bipods with Quick Detach VIEW MODEL CHOICES HERE
- TPS Tactical Rings, Scope Mounting, Bore Sighting $190 (30mm size)
- D.E. Adjustable Cheekpiece $120
- Three color GAP camo in OD green, McMillan tan and dark earth $225 ( For example click HERE )