Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Videos Of Tech Stuff And Reviews

Sako Extractor Installation Video

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 05:44 PM

Re: Sako Extractor Installation Video

Kevin,I bought a few of those Sako extractors from PTG. They came with no instructions at all. I must say your video is brilliant to watch and very inspirational to say the least but I still have a few questions.

(1) What length is the slot you cut and how deep.

(2) What is the distance out to hole you drilled through the bolt body and what size drill.

(3) The hole for the plunger,is that placed in the centre,Im talking about the hole you drilled with the bolt facing vertically for the spring and plunger.

(4) What type of Silver solder is that you were using.

(5) The extractors that PTG have,are they the same as the ones that Tubb sells and Brownells also sell.

Many Thanks
Old 10-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Platinum Member

Fergal- Kevin just moved and doesn't have his internet connection hooked up at his new place yet. He does check his PMs when he gets a chance. Just wanted you to know in case he doesn't get back to. He'll be hooked back up soon but may not know you posted in this thread.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:11 PM

Thanks JM,I might just shoot him a PM on this.
Many Thanks
Fergal
Old 10-10-2009, 06:12 PM
SPONSOR

Hi Mr White,

Since my move I'm just about back up in business, I've been doing some final electrical work today and now it's just some small stuff to put back in order. I purposely left out sizes and dimmensions as it took my alot of time to figure all that out and record it for my later use. I'll PM you with some answers but I just don't want to be giving too much information away that may take work away from me.

www.mcrifles.com
Old 10-10-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Cram View Post
Hi Mr White,

Since my move I'm just about back up in business, I've been doing some final electrical work today and now it's just some small stuff to put back in order. I purposely left out sizes and dimmensions as it took my alot of time to figure all that out and record it for my later use. I'll PM you with some answers but I just don't want to be giving too much information away that may take work away from me.
I can appreciate that Kevin,but Im in Ireland so I think your safe enough on that one and Id feel the same but your help here with a PM would be great.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:42 AM
Silver Member

I can tell everyone that while Kevins video is a good one his work in hand is a thing of beauty ! I had my Rem. bolt converted over by Kevin and I can say that he is first class all the way ! Good person to do business with along with his coversion you can't go wrong !
If anyone is looking to do this you don't have to look any further Kevin is the man. The rifle I had my conversion done is for a switch barrel Rem. in the Ultra mag calibers .

Old 01-17-2011, 02:18 PM
Gold Member

Bump. Nice Vid
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty to throw off such governments. …” Jefferson

We are very close to this point now.