Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Magazine Articles > Product Reviews - Discussion

Zeiss Victory RF 10x45 Rangefinder Binocular Review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Silver Member

Re: Zeiss Victory RF 10x45 Rangefinder Binocular Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocH97 View Post
So how is the testing going? I am trying to decide whether to go with the Leica Geovids or the Zeiss RF's. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Doc,
As I said, if its ranging capabilities you're after, then the Zeiss RF is significantly better than the Geovids. Not much difference between them optically. The RF's daylight ranging capabilities are significantly better than the Swarovski as well.
The Zeiss's are what I grab everytime we go hunting now, and I have the choice of all 3.
Greg
Old 12-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Platinum Member

Len, Yes I do understand that was for the monocular version.

There seem to be alot of bells and wistles on the expensive model and I am very impressed with the level of Divergence when you compared the Swaro and the Zeiss together. I am assuming that the ranging system in the monocular compared to the binocular isn't quite the same, or is it??

Either way, Sounds like it will be blowing the leica out of the water !!
Old 12-13-2008, 05:56 PM

I have a pair of Geovids. How do they compare? To be honest, i have not been that impressed with my Geovids. I look forward to your review. TC
Old 01-03-2009, 11:13 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ Longranger View Post
Doc,
As I said, if its ranging capabilities you're after, then the Zeiss RF is significantly better than the Geovids. Not much difference between them optically. The RF's daylight ranging capabilities are significantly better than the Swarovski as well.
The Zeiss's are what I grab everytime we go hunting now, and I have the choice of all 3.
Greg
How far can you range animals, trees, and reflective objects with the Zeiss? How does the Zeiss compare to the Swarovski in overcast conditions?
Old 03-18-2009, 10:31 PM
Bronze Member

this thread has sorta died here. anything on how it's max rangeing ability as compared to the swarovski is my interest. i currently have a swarovski and can get 1999 on perfect conditions and 1300 pretty consistent in the bright sun. my problem with the swaro is the huge 2 mil beam divergence. it works fine in steep country, but trying to get "accurate" readings on deer/antelope in ground without a lot of relief is pointless. it will almost always spit out a number, but you cant know exactly what it was it gave that reading. anyone with any results please chime in, there has been over 3,300 views, there must be interest.
thanks,
tom
Old 03-30-2009, 07:09 PM
Platinum Member

i asked NZ longranger if he would compare them as i thought he had all 3. he was talking about the binos before but now has the zeiss mono version and can compare with the Leica and Swaro. said he would give us a report when he gets his comparison finalized.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Backus View Post
Well, it already ranged past the stated range...in bright sunlight. I wish I had some quality time with it to see how it would do with deer poking up out of a sage brush field. But...color problem for me.

If not for my color issue I was going to buy one from SWFA.
Hi Len, you mention a color issue above . There are glasses which can correct some color blindness issues. If you are interested I will see if I can find the website and let you know. I have never seen these glasses except on a website and have no financial interest in them. My cousin is color blind and I was going to let his wife know, perhaps as a Christmas present. But I would have have had to warn her that he may get upset, after all these years, to find out that she is not green. All the best Steve