Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Magazine Articles > Product Reviews - Discussion

Rapid Access Targeting System (R.A.T.S.) By Dog-Gon-Hit Review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 07:53 AM
Administrator

Rapid Access Targeting System (R.A.T.S.) By Dog-Gon-Hit Review

Quote:
I'm one of those guys constantly searching for a better way to do things. One of my quests has been for a good, portable shooting bench. I've made several attempts at building something acceptable but they have never passed the usability test. I've seen offerings at the sporting goods store and perused the catalogues. None were appealing enough to warrant expending the asked for funds. Thus when the opportunity presented itself to evaluate someone else's version of a portable shooting rest my interest was piqued.Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Rapid Access Targeting System (R.A.T.S.) By Dog-Gon-Hit Review , By Roy Chiappini. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:43 AM

Re: Rapid Access Targeting System (R.A.T.S.) By Dog-Gon-Hit Review

This product looks like it might be exactly what I've been looking for. Does anyone know how much it goes for and where to get one.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:24 PM
Platinum Member

Here's Ben's web site, DOG-GON-HIT.com, dog-gon-hit, Arizona, Portable and Mobile Rifle Rest and Support, or click on the hi-lited text in the article. I've verified that 200 yard zero is the same from the RATS as from bench rest sight-in zero. After removing the scope for another use after replacing it the first shot was spot on dead center. I quit right there feeling good about the return to zero after scope remount and confirming zero with the RATS.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:44 PM

Thanks royinidaho, stupid me I guess I didn't pay enough attention. I see the link now and have gone to the site. Price (with free shipping) seems very reasonable for something made in the USA. A lot of the stuff I've been looking at in the stores seems kind of flimsy or too complicated and looks to be made overseas. I think I'll buy one today and try it on PD's in eastern Washington. Iím an under 500 yard shooter and get a little tired if packing everything out there for a day of shooting. I like the idea of throw it over my shoulder and go. Iíll post something back when I get a chance to give it a try.