Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Magazine Articles > Product Reviews - Discussion

The North Face Mountain 25 Tent Review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 04:43 PM
Administrator

The North Face Mountain 25 Tent Review

Quote:
The North Face Mountain 25 tent uses four beefy poles for the main part of the tent. The poles are positioned so that they intersect 7 times. This design yields great strength without requiring a more complicated set up. The main part of the tent is about 32 square feet. We found this comfortable for two person use. There is a fifth pole used with the rain fly that creates a large (8 square feet) vestibule. Ron and I found this adequate to keep both our packs out of the weather, and it is also a good spot for cooking. The other end of the tent has a smaller vestibule (3 square feet) that will fit boots, crampons etc. Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, The North Face Mountain 25 Tent Review, By Lucas Beitner. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:02 AM
Platinum Member

Re: The North Face Mountain 25 Tent Review

Best cover photo ever! Good instructional story as well!
Old 07-13-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADMIN View Post
This is a thread for discussion of the article, The North Face Mountain 25 Tent Review, By Lucas Beitner. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.
good looking tent know the feeling brother Ray & I spike camped at 11000 ft in col.on a bow hunt wind-rain&sunshine in a north face tent hope to do it again soon great tents.. I am going to try to put a picture on thanks.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:55 PM
Platinum Member

If the tent is as good as the expedition parka I bought 40 years ago (and it's still my go to cold weater outer gear btw), I suspect the tent is a quality product.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:32 PM
Bronze Member

I have one of these tents I've only used once, nice to see this review Planning on using it on my first 2nd season Colorado elk hunt this year.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:39 PM
Silver Member

I think you will be very pleased with the mountain 25 when the conditions get rough! I'm planning to try the Hilleberg Jannu next year...

Old 08-21-2013, 05:06 PM
Platinum Member

I have the older version of this tent (bluish green/black) and it is one hell of a tent. Had it for years and years now and used it numerous times.

I highly recommend it.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.