Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Magazine Articles > Product Reviews - Discussion

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2013, 06:13 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Nightforce ATACR Scope Review

Great write up Jeff! Thank you so much!
Old 04-13-2013, 07:43 PM
Silver Member

Many thanks for the excellent review. I like the way you explain how you set a scope up. And thanks for all the great pictures, they really are worth a thousand words.

Interesting to read your comments regarding illuminated rectiles. Frankly I wish they were not a mandatory item on these scopes.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:53 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
I know they say Mils is not Metric, but Meters are. In 1977 I was turning wrenches for a Pontiac dealership. That's when they started changing over to metric bolts and I was forced to buy new tools. I hated it them and do to this day. A good ole 9/16's will do everything a 14mm wrench will do. That was the beginning of where the US started to fail in my book.

Jeff
Damn right it was. Just got done helping a friend get a Camry started after winter. Cussed every nut and bolt I touched. LOL In spite of having a set of metric wrenches, I'm tempted to strip the heads on every one with a pair of pliers. Maybe not rational, but its there. Its the point we decided to go along with the rest of the world instead of walking our own path, and let world keep up as best as they can. Rant over back to scopes.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:10 PM
Platinum Member

Jeff, thanks for taking the time and having the skills to take the shots. I just ordered my first Nightforce, an NXS 5x22x50 with npr1, looking forward to it for now.

Thanks Again.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:12 PM

Alaska_Seth, don't get me wrong, I love the Hide and am still there daily but long range pursuits are the main topic here. I think some of us in the tactical long range community can learn some things from long range hunting enthusiasts, I'm sure you get my point.

Anyhow like I said, great review. I also found a new wall tent in another forum section. I'm interested to explore some of the guys who build long range sticks over here as we're used to GAP, Surgeon, Spartan, etc, all good builders but it's great to find some new guys too!

All Good stuff
Old 04-13-2013, 09:01 PM
Bronze Member

Great job as usual Jeff.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:33 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by colohunter View Post
Alaska_Seth, don't get me wrong, I love the Hide and am still there daily but long range pursuits are the main topic here. I think some of us in the tactical long range community can learn some things from long range hunting enthusiasts, I'm sure you get my point.

Anyhow like I said, great review. I also found a new wall tent in another forum section. I'm interested to explore some of the guys who build long range sticks over here as we're used to GAP, Surgeon, Spartan, etc, all good builders but it's great to find some new guys too!

All Good stuff
I am with you, I love the Hide as well, but because it is "tacticool" it has enhanced wierdo factor over other gun forums by 1000%.

Even though I was in the military for 20 years, I am essence a hunter at heart. I don't lay awake in bed thinking of the perfect matching camo drag bag to my magazine case.

I buy gear on sale, unless it is something really special.

I dream of rifle hunting in the West where I grew up.

Love the hide, and it is a tremendous source of information, as is this site, especially with speciality pistols, areas, tags you name it.