Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Magazine Articles > Product Reviews - Discussion

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2013, 06:25 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Nightforce ATACR Scope Review

I also am extremely satisfied with mine as well!

Again, thanks Broz, it was your T&E that sent me to the ATACR rather than another NSX.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:48 AM
Silver Member

The 6 screw light weight NF rings are solid. Extreme Outer limits - Bob Beck, should have them. He supplied me with mine. Flatline Ops has a great level for 34mm tube which flips open for best view or on top in stored position also. Very nice unit. Ive had no problem with the ATACR, these NF rings and the APS 338 AM. The scope handled a high target test and a box test no problem. Harper, I believe you will be pleased with an ATACR and 6 screw NF lightweight rings.

Andy
Old 09-06-2013, 08:05 AM
Platinum Member

Defensive Edge has the 6 screw rings as well. Plus Shawn just recently finished the 6 screw top cap with anti cant level built in. I just got one for my LRKM and ATACR from DE. Pretty cool, nice and compact.

Jeff
Old 09-06-2013, 08:10 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARPERC View Post
Broz,
Just got back from the smith, final fit of my new Mcmillan Lazzeroni Thumbhole. He can be a bit slow, but moving forward on my end. I see you're using the the Nightforce UL rings, my inclination is always steel, Nightforce advertises these as better than steel. At any rate I don't see 34mm steel rings catalogued. If you'd talk about the UL rings in this set up I'd appreciate it. I didn't see in the article which base you used here. When I get mine ordered it will be heavier than anything I've ever had mounted so I want to get it right. Glad I reread, we forgot room for the scope covers in our thinking. I'm not too worried about having to pick up MOA in the base for now. Apologies if this seems off subject of the scope specifically.
In the review, this is what NF sent me. I am not sure the 6 screw rings were available at that time. But the 4 screw UL rings are holding fine. I have since mounted two ATACR's with the new UL 6 screw rings on a few big boomers. I will recommend these for added insurance. Also the Top cap level that I talked bout in the prior post.

Jeff
Old 09-06-2013, 08:13 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Academy View Post
I also am extremely satisfied with mine as well!

Again, thanks Broz, it was your T&E that sent me to the ATACR rather than another NSX.
You are more than welcome, I am glad to hear you like your new ATACR.

Jeff
Old 09-06-2013, 08:17 AM
Silver Member

Jeff, Yes you are correct, I was at Shawns place 2 days ago, picked up some supplies and he noted he now has the top level for 34mm tubes. I just happen to like the Flatline Ops level I used. My LRKM is coming with an ATACR also. Its always great to visit with Shawn and Bob, Great folks for sure.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:16 AM
Platinum Member

Thanks guys! The tip on the ACI/Level was very welcome. It fills one of the holes in my thinking quite nicely.