Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Magazine Articles > Product Reviews - Discussion

Leupold VX-3 CDS Scope Vs. Quigley Ford Scope Review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2011, 01:27 PM
Silver Member

Re: Leupold VX-3 CDS Scope Vs. Quigley Ford Scope Review

Please keep us informed about that new turret. Leupold can do a lot for the shooters with their scopes, you just have to ask.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:29 PM
Bronze Member

I just got off the phone with Leupold. I had failed to tell them that the Bat action I have has a 20 min. rail built into it. chuck said that will let me get out to around 1500 yds. Looks like I will need a better range finder now.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS View Post
Leupold can also do a balistic dial for scopes you already have if they have target turets. I just ordered one and I will let you know what I think when I get it.

Its a 6.5x20x50 LR 30mm tube and side focus.
Its on top of a custom 300 Ultra Mag

My best groups where with a light powder charge. My average Vel. was 3023 so the dial will only go out to around 800 yds.

It just so happens I have the very scope with target turrets on a .243 heavy barreled Remington with varmint reticle in yards. I would like the ballistic turrets to be configured in meters. What is the estimated turn around time for the dials and price if you know [I know all about the estimated time though. Do they need to have your scope to do this???
Cheers
Old 09-21-2011, 04:08 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripletwoee View Post
It just so happens I have the very scope with target turrets on a .243 heavy barreled Remington with varmint reticle in yards. I would like the ballistic turrets to be configured in meters. What is the estimated turn around time for the dials and price if you know [I know all about the estimated time though. Do they need to have your scope to do this???
Cheers
I would think they could do it in meters, They told me 2 to 3 weeks, and they dont need the scope just your balistic information.

Im a lot closer then you are if there is anything I can help with let me know.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS View Post
I would think they could do it in meters, They told me 2 to 3 weeks, and they dont need the scope just your balistic information.

Im a lot closer then you are if there is anything I can help with let me know.
Well I would be interested depending on price. Would you be able to order it for me?
Old 09-21-2011, 08:56 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripletwoee View Post
Well I would be interested depending on price. Would you be able to order it for me?
My price was $65 shipped. Im not sure what it would be to your location. I would be happy to do as much as I can but I dont know how I could order it for you. Send me a PM. I will call them tomorrow and see what they say about doing it in meters and shipping to you.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:30 AM
Bronze Member

I just got off the phone with the fine people at Leupold. They make these in yds. and meters. Looks like it will be an extra $20 or so to get it over the pond.