Originally Posted by Shawn Carlock
Battery life has been really good, however I have not had a chance to really run it out in sub zero weather.
Just a Little FYI on CR-123 and CR-2 lithium cells:
1. Buy made in America. ALL CR cells made in America are produced by a single plant in Columbus Georgia. Owned by Panasonic they make , Energizer, Duracell Surefire etc....All the same except price and label.
2. If you cannot buy USA, Buy Japan. Stay away from, European and Chinese cells.
3. My testing has been down to -40C for most military applications the CR-123 cells have performed at -30C(-22F) and very well at -20C(-4F) even under heavy loads that would exceed a Laser rangefinders loading.
4. These cells don't go bad. I have 2002 vintage cells and they are still performing at >98% of cells produced in 2010. I stocked up as I get them for less than a buck each....
5. Stay away from ALL rechargeable versions of these CR-123 and CR-2. Trust me. They are waste of time, money and are not safe.
I'm really interested in a G7 but I'm gonna wait until they combine the Laser into the Binoculars. I really hate carrying both and on my S.Africa hunt it was very difficult terrain to re-acquire a Kudu in your LRF after setting down your bino's.