Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Magazine Articles > Product Reviews - Discussion

Gunwerks G7 BR2 Rangefinder Review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 12:59 PM
Gold Member

Re: Gunwerks G7 BR2 Rangefinder Review

Mr. Aaron Davidson-

What is the beam width divergence of the Gunwerks G7 BR2?

Lots of discerning customers won't spend $1600 without knowing this specification.

Thank you.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:42 PM
Silver Member

Broz, Len is going to try to get a copy of the owner's manual up on the site.If not then I will print off a copy and mail it to you. The information about the nearest and farthest mode is on page 14 under target acquisition. gary
Old 01-16-2012, 05:55 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobuck View Post
interesting article.
my main interest in the lazers is finding one that actually works every day out to the advertised distance.
as for mountainous terrain being easier i can assure bruce thats not the case.
my swarovski will range a mile one day and not even 1000 the next with a mountain backdrop. and yes its been back to the factory.
the honest guys i know with other make units claim the same problems.
i dont understand all the beam width talk and frankly dont even care to.
I mean far more than just getting a reading. I was speaking of getting a true and accurate reading. That is what is important for Long Range shooting. If you don't understand beam divergence (it's height and width and how it gets bigger as the distance increases, and how if the beam is bigger than the target it will sometimes read what's beyond or even to the sides of the target) then what I am saying probably doesn't make alot of sense. But I assure you it is a valid concern and has cost quite a few people long range animals.

Of course lighting conditions and other factors affect the rangefinders ability to give a reading, we've all seen that with all of them. But their ability to give us a number is not what I was referring to at all. Their ability to give an accurate number on flat ground when the landscape or vegetation is more reflective than the target is what this is about.

Old 01-16-2012, 06:08 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraedge View Post
Broz, Len is going to try to get a copy of the owner's manual up on the site.If not then I will print off a copy and mail it to you. The information about the nearest and farthest mode is on page 14 under target acquisition. gary
OK thanks, I like to keep up on this stuff if I can. I get asked advice sometimes, especially at some of the LR shoots I put on.

Jeff
Old 01-16-2012, 06:10 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBruce View Post
But their ability to give us a number is not what I was referring to at all. Their ability to give an accurate number on flat ground when the landscape or vegetation is more reflective than the target is what this is about.

Bingo!! Well stated.

Jeff
Old 01-16-2012, 06:22 PM
Silver Member

I got to try one out this fall and I agree with Shawn 100% . It is a well thought out tool for most hunters. The main problem that I see is getting the correct BC , velocity, and other actual data uploaded into the range finder. If you have a real good drop chart to start with, all will be well. If you input data is off even a small amount, it gets magnified when you go to different temps and altitudes and especially longer distances. That is the case with any ballistic program so I don't think that is a fault. I'm sure that Aaron and Mike will help get the right data with your drop chart. My next range finder will probably be a G7.

Last edited by paphil; 01-16-2012 at 06:28 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 01-16-2012, 07:26 PM
Platinum Member

A new term for me "Drop cam"? Any help appreciated.