Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Magazine Articles > Product Reviews - Discussion

Flatline Ops. Inc. ACCU/LEVEL Scope Level Review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2010, 08:02 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Flatline Ops. Inc. ACCU/LEVEL Scope Level Review

Thanks Jim! that is exactly what I was hoping to hear. I have another question. in the LRH they sell the level for $129 or something in there. is that the level and ring/mount? or just the level its self?all I want at this point in time is the level attached to my scope on the ring/mount pictured witout the ACI. so if that is what it is I am for sure going to get one of those suckers!

Anything less than overkill is underachievement!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 12-17-2010, 08:14 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkamike View Post
Thanks Jim! that is exactly what I was hoping to hear. I have another question. in the LRH they sell the level for $129 or something in there. is that the level and ring/mount? or just the level its self?all I want at this point in time is the level attached to my scope on the ring/mount pictured witout the ACI. so if that is what it is I am for sure going to get one of those suckers!
Yes I believe you are correct it is the scope tube mount with the level and fine adjustments.

The strong arm would be what holds the ACI.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:25 PM
Platinum Member

Well I have never bought a scope level before but $100-$150 seems pretty reasonable. I just recently had a custom rifle built and I know for a precision part you gotta at least pay the machinist wages this actually seems like a bargain to me. Maybe there are 50 dollar ones out there. But I don't have a problem paying the extra considering what I am trying to accomplish by using it. Thanks for the help Jim!

Anything less than overkill is underachievement!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 12-18-2010, 01:07 AM
Gold Member

Hello Jim,

How well do the adjustments hold once set?

Thats the part that has got my attention, as the usual twist-cuss-tweak-cuss-try-again-cuss-some-more adjustment to get a traditional clamp-on scope bubble level to coincide with my 4" Starrett machinist level has gotten to be something I tend to dread.

Thanks,

Monte
Old 12-18-2010, 01:35 AM
SPONSOR

Jim,
Great review and great looking product to boot.
Thank you!
E
Old 12-18-2010, 08:54 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanuk View Post
Hello Jim,

How well do the adjustments hold once set?

Thats the part that has got my attention, as the usual twist-cuss-tweak-cuss-try-again-cuss-some-more adjustment to get a traditional clamp-on scope bubble level to coincide with my 4" Starrett machinist level has gotten to be something I tend to dread.

Thanks,

Monte
Monte, once you clamp the level on "close to level" with the main clamp screws, You then use 2 fine adjustment screws to percisly level the level. This takes about 1 minute to do. No more losening the clamp screw and readjusting!

I put a drop of blue lok-tite on the tips of the fine adj. screws and that will weep into the threads and ensure they stay put until you need to move them. They seemed fine with out the lok-tite but I was making sure I got no in the field problerms.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:02 PM
Silver Member

For what this cost I would not buy it for the same money you can buy a scope with an internal level in it and you don't have to look 2 different places to see
if you are ok..