Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Magazine Articles > Product Reviews - Discussion

Flatline Ops. Inc. ACCU/LEVEL Scope Level Review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2010, 08:14 PM
Administrator

Flatline Ops. Inc. ACCU/LEVEL Scope Level Review

Quote:
I recently had the pleasure of reviewing an innovative new product for the long range hunter on a recent deer hunt in the Bighorn Mountains of Wyoming, and an elk hunt near the Flattop Wilderness of Colorado.

The ACCU/LEVEL from Flatline Ops. Inc. is an ultra precision, articulating scope level. Its design is well thought out and at the leading edge of the scope level industries. Honestly, it blows everything else out of the water.

I received a phone call from Chuck McCoy, owner of Flatline Ops. Inc. Chuck had an ACCU/LEVEL ready to ship for a product review 2 weeks before my 1st fall hunt, and with the rifle still in the process of being barreled, I thought, “Hey, what the heck. I’ll try out this newfangled level.”
Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Flatline Ops. Inc. ACCU/LEVEL Scope Level Review, By Jim See. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

What's new at the...

Long Range Hunting Gear and Supplies
Old 11-14-2010, 11:04 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Flatline Ops. Inc. ACCU/LEVEL Scope Level Review

Interesting read.
It looks like a helpful tool for long range hunting.
Any idea of its cost?, and for what scope tube diameters is it made?
Thanks.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:54 PM
PUBLISHER

Here you go

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 11-16-2010, 11:23 PM
Silver Member

i am kinda in a shock at how much these two tools will cost. once you add up a ACI at $110 a ACI mount at $59 and the ACD and ring for $129 thats over $300 with shipping! you can get the defensive edge one for $200 and that even seems hi. am i crazy or something here? these seem like an aluminum scope rings that hold a $4 level and a incline/decline level thats $30? im just not understanding the price. im not cheap but im not one to overpay either.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:44 PM

I think when you spend as much as you typically do on a sound LR rifle set up this is a small investment to become a more accurate shooter. Yeah, you can get cheaper systems to mimic what this does, but if you want a solid bulletproof product that not only can perform good but look as good on your rifle as this does, its kind of a no brainer. It definitely is the Ferrari of accessories, I want it on my set up, I don't want the cheaper versions... these guys are making the BEST stuff on the market, the thing is like right out of Terminator.....
Old 11-16-2010, 11:55 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishboy View Post
I think when you spend as much as you typically do on a sound LR rifle set up this is a small investment to become a more accurate shooter. Yeah, you can get cheaper systems to mimic what this does, but if you want a solid bulletproof product that not only can perform good but look as good on your rifle as this does, its kind of a no brainer. It definitely is the Ferrari of accessories, I want it on my set up, I don't want the cheaper versions... these guys are making the BEST stuff on the market, the thing is like right out of Terminator.....
if you want to look cool then do so and pay way too much. i worked in the largest fireams store in washington state and sold hundreds of thousands of dollars of product in a year and have been in a naval special warfare and eod unit for 3 years. if you want guchi then pay for guchi, most of that stuff they issue to us is just not essential or even at a reasonable price. gun people pay way too much for some stuff. personally i think thats a huge reason the sport on a whole is hurting. an ACI is no more than an aluminum housed level and the ACD IS a bubble level. go to home depot and see what these things cost in the raw. a good laser rangefinder is $450 (leica 1200) and you are willing to pay 2/3 of this for a couple of levels? doesnt seem right to me.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:09 AM

Wow, you have great experience in the industry, i'm impressed. I value your opinion as well, and mine. thats what makes this thing such a beautiful item, some people will buy it, some won't. I think its cool that a company is developing (or improving) products for this growing market. but again, it comes down to an individuals choice, some people care about quality and precision and "new" or improved gadgets, some don't... thats why some people drive high end sports cars and super duty pick-ups and some drive cheap rigs or junkers, they will all get you from point A-B, just depends how comfy and fast you wanna get there?

on another note - special props to you for serving for this great nation!