Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Magazine Articles > Product Reviews - Discussion

Custom Turret Systems Review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2014, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Custom Turret Systems Review

Quote:
Custom Turret Systems (CTS) is a company that has designed a unique turret label system that is meant to be a cheaper alternative to custom laser engraved turrets. Additionally, while some consumers have struggled finding companies to make them custom turrets for their particular scopes, CTS can make custom labels for any scope that has a vertical turret surface that is at least 0.1 inches tall. Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Custom Turret Systems Review, By Justin Hyer. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

What's new at the...

Long Range Hunting Gear and Supplies
Old 02-15-2014, 09:04 AM
Silver Member

Re: Custom Turret Systems Review

I purchased labels for two of my varmint/target rifles this winter. The web site is awesome for custom work along with various colors for numbers, back ground, ect... I ordered the gloss finish and also placed an " asterisk " at the point blank range elevation this makes hunting shots super quick with out any turrent clicks.

Great product and fast delivery!

NRA Life member
Varmint Hunter Association member
American Gunsmith Association
Old 02-16-2014, 04:26 AM
Bronze Member

I liked the article and will check the web page out.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:54 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Justin,

Thank you for a well written article. You pointed out some creative uses of elevation turret labels. There are applications to windage and side focus knobs as well. I think the applications are endless. I've done a little testing and agree with you that the CTS labels are quite durable.

CTS now has a ballistic calculator in the CTS label builder. The bullet drops matched my ballistic calculator (based on JBM) for the loads that I checked. That's convenient for people who don't regularly use a specific ballistic calculator.

What I like about CTS labels is that the label builder software is so easy to use. It takes about an hour to create a label from scratch. The end result is a great looking turret at a price that anyone can afford. Then if you move the scope to a different rifle, change loads, or go from 1,000 ft to 9,000 ft elevation, the cost of a new set of labels is only $25.

I've read several posts by people who have developed their own turret label making techniques. People have been using white label paper and a Sharpie for years. While it's certainly possible to design a label using general-purpose graphics software, that's a time-consuming process. Getting a label to wrap around the turret and be accurate from one end to the other would take a lot of trial end error. The CTS software does all of that for you.

www.HighPowerOptics.com
Sports Optics
Rifle Scope Installation Tool Kits for Rent
Old 02-17-2014, 06:26 PM
Gold Member

I'm glad you have liked the article. I had a lot of fun writing it
Old 02-18-2014, 05:01 PM
Bronze Member

Great article! I might just have to give them a try. I dont see how you could go wrong for $25.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:22 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody26 View Post
Great article! I might just have to give them a try. I dont see how you could go wrong for $25.
Honestly for $25 they are a no brainer. Just make sure to follow the instructions on his website and you will be a happy customer.