Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Magazine Articles > Product Reviews - Discussion

CED M2 Chronograph Review By Bryan Chatwell

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2010, 08:18 PM
Silver Member

Re: CED M2 Chronograph Review By Bryan Chatwell

I don't use a tripod. I ordered the flat metal stand just to make sure it is as steady as possible. I've also ordered the infared kit.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglet View Post
Robbin, and idea just hit me. You know when the mount the chronograph to a tripod, one end is sturdy and the other end would lift up if you push it up. Have you always made sure that the sturdy end is the one toward the muzzle? This is important other wise you'll never get a true reading!

30-338 I hear you! Scary!!!
That's right Jave...... taken from http://www.cedhk.com/shop/product_at...2ManLayout.pdf

A. The CED M2 Chronograph is designed to prevent error readings due to muzzle blast reaching
the front sensor before the bullet does. When this occurs, the display will not present a reading!
Therefore, it say “0000” only. In the case of large caliber rifles, you must position the end of the
barrel a minimum of 7 to 10 feet behind the first sensor. This will prevent the muzzle blast from
creating any problems. In the case of large caliber rifles, you can position yourself even further
away or design a blast shield. REMEMBER, to always mount the first sensor onto the arm, which
contains the tripod screw hole. This will eliminate any possibility of the “mounting bracket”
shifting upward from heavy muzzle blasts
και ο μη εχων πωλησατω το ιματιον αυτου και αγορασατω μαχαιραν... Luke 22:36
Jesus said "...and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one" Luke 22:36

Jack Webb lectures the Prez http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4r6YCUtxfs

How to pray for the man in the White House
Psalm 109:5 http://bible.cc/psalms/109-8.htm
Old 04-02-2010, 01:05 PM
Platinum Member

Well said! Thanks!

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Old 04-02-2010, 08:25 PM
Silver Member

Went to the range today and took my Millennium II w/ the infrared. Worked flawlessly...even in intermittent rain. I move it to within approx. 7 feet and thought the blast would ruint to the reading, but it kept going with only a few error messages. I moved it that close to get it out of the rain,,,So far so good....one of those days when everything actually works....except me. I was very rusty and need to get out more to keep skills sharp.....I am becoming a fan of the CED
30-338........Oh yeah. I like that idea of a flat plate rather than tripod...they are kinda flimsy. Watched mine sway in the wind today, but even when the wind mis-aligned the unit I still got good readings
και ο μη εχων πωλησατω το ιματιον αυτου και αγορασατω μαχαιραν... Luke 22:36
Jesus said "...and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one" Luke 22:36

Jack Webb lectures the Prez http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4r6YCUtxfs

How to pray for the man in the White House
Psalm 109:5 http://bible.cc/psalms/109-8.htm

Last edited by 30-338; 04-02-2010 at 08:28 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-12-2010, 08:37 PM
Silver Member

Yep, got the infared screens, and the Metal stand which mad it more stable. PROBLEM SOLVED. I only had one round fail to read.

I'm a happy shooter again!
Old 04-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Gold Member

Need help! I posted earlier how great mine was but had a problem last night. Getting later in evening so i thought i would take my infrared set up. First time using it i couldn't get anything to register, i had a green light , could someone run the checklist with me what i did wrong.
Mike
Old 04-13-2010, 07:33 AM
Silver Member

It should work exactly the same, one thing I noticed was when I put the IR on, I set the machine up backwards, so the start and stop was backwards and of course it won't work if you do that. Other than that, it worked like a champ.

I put a piece of black electrical tape around one of the reciviers and its wire to remind me that it is the START reciver.

I bought the battery pack, and use the infared all the time now.

Robbin