Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Magazine Articles > Product Reviews - Discussion

CED M2 Chronograph Review By Bryan Chatwell

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 11:28 PM
Platinum Member

Re: CED M2 Chronograph Review By Bryan Chatwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbin View Post
I've got a shooting crony and a CED M2, I bought the CED because the shooting crony was not accurate according to my actual drop tests.
But the CED is touchy, often doesn't read, rarely gives me shot strings I can count on unless I'm shooting at noon, without a cloud in the sky and the sun directly overhead. It's so bad, I now take a 22 so I can see if I can get it to read BEFORE I start shooting my test ammo.

Very frustrating. Both places I shoot with it are set up for 12 feet. I don't think it's muzzle blast, some times I'm shooting short 223 tacticals and it doesn't read. I'm desprate to get something that works. I think I'm going to spend the 80 bucks more and see it shooting it with the infared makes it more reliable. Funny thing, it will shoot 3 or 4 in a row, nothing changes and it won't read for 10 shots...

I would pay real money for a good reliable Crony..

I'm not impressed!
Robbin, I'm sorry you're having problems. What's happening to you is the exception, not the norm. I've had three of them and I've always been very happy. Absolutely no problems. Have talked to the people at costumer support? I would!!! Believe me, for the money you won't get anything better but of course some how you got the exception, sorry friend. Call them up!

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Old 03-31-2010, 11:33 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
I've got a shooting crony and a CED M2, I bought the CED because the shooting crony was not accurate according to my actual drop tests.
But the CED is touchy, often doesn't read, rarely gives me shot strings I can count on unless I'm shooting at noon, without a cloud in the sky and the sun directly overhead. It's so bad, I now take a 22 so I can see if I can get it to read BEFORE I start shooting my test ammo.

Very frustrating. Both places I shoot with it are set up for 12 feet. I don't think it's muzzle blast, some times I'm shooting short 223 tacticals and it doesn't read. I'm desprate to get something that works. I think I'm going to spend the 80 bucks more and see it shooting it with the infared makes it more reliable. Funny thing, it will shoot 3 or 4 in a row, nothing changes and it won't read for 10 shots...

I would pay real money for a good reliable Crony..

I'm not impressed!
I don't own a CED MII but I believe you've got a defective unit and would be well-served by calling their technical staff and discussing your problems. They may give you some tips after asking you some questions. They may tell you to send it in so they can diagnose its funtionality. Just my opinion, and what have you got to lose. I would not spend any more money on the unit you have on IR screens until you get it functional without the IR screens.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:53 PM
Platinum Member

+1 to what phorwath said!

Old 04-01-2010, 12:37 AM
Silver Member

+1 on contacting tech support. I pulled a stunt and put a .358 Winnie through the start screen one day, called the company and had a replacement in two days at a discount. Very helpful people. Telephone: (928) 634-8028
| Send E-Mail

Ok you guys quit with the snickering. If you haven't done it already, you will.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:55 AM
Silver Member

Ditto on contacting CED. But I know how you feel. I have had 3 different brands including the vaunted PVM 21 and they all malfunction. I think sometimes you need to take 2 different ones to the range, so that when the first one fails you won't burn a whole day. What about the infrared unit...that seems to help with the problem of sun/shade shift. My Shooting Chrony was the worst in that regard. I would get widely varying readings of up to 100-200 FPS which were probably not attributable to ammo. I wonder if the older, discontinued Oehlers had problems too?

And yes Brother Eaglet...the PVM 21 has bit the dust! 30-338
και ο μη εχων πωλησατω το ιματιον αυτου και αγορασατω μαχαιραν... Luke 22:36
Jesus said "...and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one" Luke 22:36

Jack Webb lectures the Prez http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4r6YCUtxfs

How to pray for the man in the White House
Psalm 109:5 http://bible.cc/psalms/109-8.htm
Old 04-01-2010, 09:09 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30-338 View Post
What about the infrared unit...that seems to help with the problem of sun/shade shift. 30-338
Ordered the infarared unit last night. Someone on another thread said it cleared up all their problems. At this point, I'll try anything. I also ordered the solid metal plate to make it more stable.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Ordered the infarared unit last night. Someone on another thread said it cleared up all their problems. At this point, I'll try anything. I also ordered the solid metal plate to make it more stable.
Robbin, and idea just hit me. You know when the mount the chronograph to a tripod, one end is sturdy and the other end would lift up if you push it up. Have you always made sure that the sturdy end is the one toward the muzzle? This is important other wise you'll never get a true reading!

30-338 I hear you! Scary!!!